Tiny Deal

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 by

Unacceptable and unreasonable refund policy

shenzhen, China
tinydeal.com
Tiny Deal original order #6280064519800002730530
At my own cost, I returned my tablet to Tiny Deal when it failed completely after only 13 days operation. When it received the item, Tiny Deal asked me for US$39 to “replace a part”. I'd cracked the edge of the glass screen cover removing the battery at Tiny Deal's direction during troubleshooting, so paid the money reluctantly. When I removed the battery, I noticed that it consisted of 2, 3.7v cells, each rated at about 4500mah, in series, since the tablet operated at 7.4v. Tiny Deal had claimed a battery capacity of 9000mah in its specification section, but this would only be correct if the tablet operated on 3.7v. I'd bought from Tiny Deal, even though it was more expensive than similar sites, because it seemed to have a larger battery, so this was the first piece of misleading advertising.

Tiny Deal estimated a repair time for my tablet at 20 days. I contacted it after 2 months silence, only to be told that my tablet was not repairable and had been scrapped. Tiny Deal had not bothered to tell me this until I contacted it. I was given 3 options:

1) A repaired tablet with no warranty
2) Credit towards a new item
3) A PARTIAL refund

Given the dreadful customer service (the resolution process was now in its third month), I chose a partial refund. Tiny Deal's warranty T&C's states

“Detail: If the product turns out to be defective within 180 days from the date of shipment, and customer returns the product to us, please note the return shipping costs will be on your sole responsibility. We will pay the shipping fees that we resend the products to you by Regular airmail. However, depreciation fees and/or handling fees is needed for replacement or refund. “

The problem is in the last sentence. There is no schedule of percentage refund versus failure time. In my case, the product failed completely 13 days into its 180 day warranty period, and the refund I received was only 25% of my original cost plus the US$39 referred to above. Having accepted Tiny Deal's T&C's there was little that I could do but accept the offered refund. However, on any measure, the amount is completely unreasonable. There are similar Chinese companies with far more generous policies when an item fails within a warranty period. This is a warning to avoid Tiny Deal at all costs and seek out companies with reasonable policies when a purchased item fails within the warranty period, written into their Terms and Conditions.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country China Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree