Tinder / banned for no reason

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

HI my account on tinder was banned for no reason. I got an email saying i violated the terms of service and therefore my account was deleted. I went through all the terms of service and community guidelines and cannot find any violation I may have comiited. I have emailed them several times to ask them to simply tell me what violation I committed but they are refusing to tell me. Please help. I'm not looking for them to unban me or reactivate my account. I simply want them to tell me what rule or rules I broke. Thanks in advance

Ra
Dec 21, 2017

Comments

• Ci
      20th of Mar, 2018

I wasn’t even logged in, let alone my Tinder account wasn’t even active and when I tried logging back in I received an error message. Tinder has sooo many scammers and fakes. I don’t recommend this app at all.

• Re
      27th of Mar, 2018

Same happened to me yesterday. I wasn’t getting any super like matches for weeks so I decided to log out and log back in and when I tried to log back in it said I was banned. I emailed support last night and this morning they told me what they told you. That my account was banned but I specifically asked them WHY was I banned and no reason was given. Just stating that I was banned. I was a gold member too.

• Ju
      5th of Apr, 2018
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Same here. Gold member, got kicked out from Tinder, tried to log back in - no luck. Error code - ban. I have checked the guidelines - I haven't violated anything. Contacted Tinder Team, got a reply that I was banned. I tried to quiz them about the reason, but they said "Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time".

From my point of view Tinder team violates their own rules and policies - by default all people are innocent unless proven otherwise. Tinder team say "Hey, you are a BAD person. So bad we cannot tolerate you on Tinder so you get a ban. Go find yourself why you are bad".

I would give Tinder a zero rating if was possible. Extremely disappointed. The biggest customer care issue I have had in my 40 years...

12th of Aug, 2018

@Julia2018 I had this exact same thing happen and they used the same wording for me when asked how I violated their rules! Didn't even do anything--I just deleted my account and re-created it in order to reset my matches, which I had done before and had no issue with.

• Tr
      22nd of Apr, 2018

I'm literally going through the same thing. I am wondering if it's because others have reported you? Or if Tinder ran some kind of algorithm and found something wrong with our accounts. I will research and post if I find anything!

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

@True Sig Connor Have heard if 3 people report you you get banned? I got banned and have no idea who would have reported me but I hadn’t violated anything else and they reported me.

• Ri
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Ditto!
    I'm a guy who never makes first contact. I had two pleasant conversations, with two Tinder members in the week that my Tinder account was banned, and no other conversations with anyone in the month prior. No conversation that I have engaged in has ever been anything but pleasant. I don't ever send inappropriate images, and I've never said an unkind word to anyone on Tinder, EVER.

• Vi
      24th of Apr, 2018

I Googled this to see whether it was just me. Clearly not - the exact same thing has happened to me. As well as photos of me that don't breach any of their stated terms being removed. It's incredibly infuriating that Tinder refuse to explain themselves.

• Ax
      8th of May, 2018

I can add my experience here as well. I have been exchanging pleasant chats with several women over the last few days and suddenly my Tinder logged out. When I tried to log back in I received error 40303. I e-mailed support and they simply responded that my account was banned for violating ToS and user guidelines and that was it. There was no way to restore or dispute the matter. I was also a paying Gold subscriber (NZD$47.99 monthly)

I believe this is an incredible (and unlawful) case of consumer rights abuse. As a subscriber to a paid service you have the right to know why your services were terminated and I will report this to several consumer rights groups.

I do not believe I have violated their terms nor have I insulted any of my contacts or used foul language.

• Me
      11th of Aug, 2018

@axayoz Did your issue get resolved? I am banned for no reason

• Ge
      24th of May, 2018

I agree with you. One day karma will come to tinder because of there unfair Termination.

I sent them an email and told them one lady actually after marching with me demanded money. I responded to her in an indirect rejection but didn’t use any bad words.

She seemed that she just reported me and I friended me !

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

I experienced the same thing. Had Tinder gold for 6 months, had a lot of matches, never had an issue with anyone off there. Hadn’t used it for 2 days except talking to one girl and the conversation was just normal and pleasant. Went to use it that evening and was told my account was banned-emailed and received no reason, only that i had violated T&C. The fact they can offer no explanation to rules I have violated is pretty frustrating, especially since I was a gold subscriber with zero problems prior. I suspect the girl I last chatted with was a scammer who reported me but surely anyone could just do this to someone they don’t like!? Anyway, went through literally every T&C and hadn’t violated any of them: very disappointing for a product that considers itself top of the line.

• St
      2nd of Jul, 2018

I was a gold member too and got banned for no obvious reason.
    The servicedesk refused to explain.
    I contacted a dutch consumer organisation and after threatening with this I got my money back.
    I cant login anymore unless making a new facebook account I guess. But it is too much trouble for an app which has gotten beyond its good times anyway so I have quit tindering.
    It seems they make enough money to treat customers this way...

The free version has been sabotaged by Tinder while paying for it can result in losing your money while not getting back any service. So may advice: dont waist your time and money to this app and move on!

• El
      11th of Jul, 2018

Same here. Did nothing wrong. Banned. Is there a hack to get back in, somehow? Seems grossly unfair.

• Kc
      12th of Jul, 2018

They did the same to me. I reported multiple guys (two in particular that i remember vividly; one threatened my life because i didnt want him soliciting me for sex and the other was a well known predator using a fake profile on tinder to find girls on instagram because he didnt want his face seen on tinder). Nothing was done about either of them.

I reported more than a dozen men for actual real violations and bad behavior over the last year. Not ONE of them was reprimanded or kicked off. I provided details, pictures, screenshots, names, everything they asked for. But they have banned me probably 6 times now, because guys i either am not interested in, or do not want to match back with, or choose not to speak to anymore (for good reason too) are reporting me in high numbers. I dont know why im picked on so much by tinder, or by the guys who cant take a hint when a girl isnt interested, to just move on and stop trying to get her kicked off an app, because they arent getting their way.

It seems like tinder is biased. I am starting to believe "friends of friends" work for tinder or something...because i am incredibly shocked by how many predatory types of men are still using the app. I have real-life harassment orders on TWO of them! And i saw them on the app just a few weeks ago~! (i had reported them previously and had conversations with tinder about those specific reports, but tinder never did anything!)...So essentially, tinder is an app for predators and bad behavior. If you are an attractive girl, and enough insecure men are interested in you, more than likely you will be banned because those insecure men will falsely report you. And eventually tinder doesnt want to deal with it anymore, so they ban your phone number and account. Even a new facebook page wont help because you still need to use a phone number to log in.

It is beyond frustrating that tinder acts and operates this way. And i really want karma to hit them where it hurts. Ive never felt so wrongly accused of something in my life until tinder started targeting me and banning me every chance they got over insecure men reporting me (some of the men i had never even spoken to!!). It's insane how tinder is still around. Im better off without it. Ive never found anything remotely successful from the people who exist on that app. If they were normal, they probably wouldnt be on tinder falsely reporting women who arent interested in them. I think ill just fight the charges through my bank and im officially done with tinder and its sexist organization.

• Po
      19th of Jul, 2018

Same thing happened to me, I was banned for no reason, i had two more months of Tinder plus paid. This is ridiculous if random 3people can report and get you banned for nothing...
    Tinder sucks!

• Mi
      26th of Jul, 2018

Same here, banned and Tinder refuses to tell me why... I've asked 3 times why I'm banned, their latest reply is "We take violations of our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines very seriously. Please note that we do not have an appeals process at this time, therefore your account will remain banned from Tinder. You will not be able to create a new Tinder profile using your Facebook account and/or phone number."
    Duh!!!

• Li
      30th of Jul, 2018

Just amazing to see how common this issue became!

WOW!
    All of the above posts can tell my personal story with Tinder -
    I have Never violated ToS, Never did anything wrong, I was a paying member with a new 12-monthes Gold subscription...

Got Banned with for absolutely no reason. no warning was given prior to the ban.
    No refunds where issued and clearly no explanation from Tinder Support.

This was the most insulting customer experience of my life, Being accused like a criminal and thrown away like that.
    And... Having a service I have already paid for - declined for absolutely no explanation.

ANYBODY who is currently paying for Tinder exposes him/herself to the great risk of being falsely banned an losing their money.
    This is beside the frustration of losing their matches and conversations.

I wish they will change their customer experience.

• Ra
      17th of Aug, 2018

I am absolutely furious!!! I too have been banned from Tinder and like all of the comments on here I have no idea why. All I did was delete my account to reset my matches, which I have done before with no problem, and then tried to reinstate my profile to find I’m banned. Several emails later to “Samantha” and all she can tell me is to read their terms of service blah blah blah. I think a lot of their “members” violate a lot more than just tinders terms of service.

• Ni
      17th of Aug, 2018

Just happened to me the same. Awful.
    If you are filing a lawsuit, this is my email to contact me. I'm in: nicola@montorsi.net