Tinder / banned for no reason

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

HI my account on tinder was banned for no reason. I got an email saying i violated the terms of service and therefore my account was deleted. I went through all the terms of service and community guidelines and cannot find any violation I may have comiited. I have emailed them several times to ask them to simply tell me what violation I committed but they are refusing to tell me. Please help. I'm not looking for them to unban me or reactivate my account. I simply want them to tell me what rule or rules I broke. Thanks in advance

Ra
Dec 21, 2017

Comments

• Ci
      20th of Mar, 2018
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

I wasn’t even logged in, let alone my Tinder account wasn’t even active and when I tried logging back in I received an error message. Tinder has sooo many scammers and fakes. I don’t recommend this app at all.

• Re
      27th of Mar, 2018

Same happened to me yesterday. I wasn’t getting any super like matches for weeks so I decided to log out and log back in and when I tried to log back in it said I was banned. I emailed support last night and this morning they told me what they told you. That my account was banned but I specifically asked them WHY was I banned and no reason was given. Just stating that I was banned. I was a gold member too.

21st of Aug, 2018

@Rene Villarreal ME TOO. Why would they deliberately anger paid subscribers? It makes no sense for their business model as paid subscribers are what they need. I am so confused. If you find an ombudsman or media liaison please post details as I am a very thorough individual who won't let it go if I've been unfairly treated. Reading this, makes me feel better, though, so thanks.

• Bl
      28th of Aug, 2018

@Rene Villarreal Hi guys, to help all of you here. Today I got back my Tinder Gold subscription on my account after it got banned 2 days ago. I found out that if you linked Tinder with your Facebook account and if you subscribed for Tinder features with an email that's different from your Facebook, it will kick you out one day. But you can create a Facebook account that is the same as the email you subscribed for Tinder features and link Tinder to this new Facebook, your subscription will still be there with your new Tinder account, though all your matches and messages from the previous account will be lost and not be transferred, unfortunately.

I found out this as I just happened to create new Facebook with the email that I subscribed for Tinder Gold, and all the paid features are found in my new Tinder account! However I have to spend time to swipe and match again and say hi again to some same people that I previously chat with...

Hope this helps! :) And yes, Tinder support is a robot that replys our emails. It gives same reply to everyone and up to 3 email replies which have been preset. There won't be 4 or more replies if you continue to ask question because there are no further preset replies in their system. Don't waste your precious time spamming their email because no one is looking. Customer service of Tinder is [censored] and it deserves 0 star, not even 1 star. They don't even bother to tell/explain such case to us, which I happened to find it out myself. They only focus in earning money of their users, without providing support, especially to their paid users. Totally waste of time of people. Tinder sucks.

4th of Oct, 2018

@BlueAvo Guys, check my recent post by clicking on my profile and you'll see my recent posts on what to do to complain about Tinder to your app provider.

• Ju
      5th of Apr, 2018

Same here. Gold member, got kicked out from Tinder, tried to log back in - no luck. Error code - ban. I have checked the guidelines - I haven't violated anything. Contacted Tinder Team, got a reply that I was banned. I tried to quiz them about the reason, but they said "Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time".

From my point of view Tinder team violates their own rules and policies - by default all people are innocent unless proven otherwise. Tinder team say "Hey, you are a BAD person. So bad we cannot tolerate you on Tinder so you get a ban. Go find yourself why you are bad".

I would give Tinder a zero rating if was possible. Extremely disappointed. The biggest customer care issue I have had in my 40 years...

12th of Aug, 2018

@Julia2018 I had this exact same thing happen and they used the same wording for me when asked how I violated their rules! Didn't even do anything--I just deleted my account and re-created it in order to reset my matches, which I had done before and had no issue with.

21st of Aug, 2018

@Julia2018 ME TOO- is there anything that can be done?

22nd of Aug, 2018

@Josie De Jong How did you delete your account without signing in?

• Tr
      22nd of Apr, 2018

I'm literally going through the same thing. I am wondering if it's because others have reported you? Or if Tinder ran some kind of algorithm and found something wrong with our accounts. I will research and post if I find anything!

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

@True Sig Connor Have heard if 3 people report you you get banned? I got banned and have no idea who would have reported me but I hadn’t violated anything else and they reported me.

• Ri
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Ditto!
    I'm a guy who never makes first contact. I had two pleasant conversations, with two Tinder members in the week that my Tinder account was banned, and no other conversations with anyone in the month prior. No conversation that I have engaged in has ever been anything but pleasant. I don't ever send inappropriate images, and I've never said an unkind word to anyone on Tinder, EVER.

• Vi
      24th of Apr, 2018

I Googled this to see whether it was just me. Clearly not - the exact same thing has happened to me. As well as photos of me that don't breach any of their stated terms being removed. It's incredibly infuriating that Tinder refuse to explain themselves.

• Ax
      8th of May, 2018

I can add my experience here as well. I have been exchanging pleasant chats with several women over the last few days and suddenly my Tinder logged out. When I tried to log back in I received error 40303. I e-mailed support and they simply responded that my account was banned for violating ToS and user guidelines and that was it. There was no way to restore or dispute the matter. I was also a paying Gold subscriber (NZD$47.99 monthly)

I believe this is an incredible (and unlawful) case of consumer rights abuse. As a subscriber to a paid service you have the right to know why your services were terminated and I will report this to several consumer rights groups.

I do not believe I have violated their terms nor have I insulted any of my contacts or used foul language.

• Me
      11th of Aug, 2018

@axayoz Did your issue get resolved? I am banned for no reason

21st of Aug, 2018

@axayoz ME TOO- You're in NZ- I'm in Australia. I would go so far as to say Tinder seems like a scam- after all in their terms and conditions they state they can terminate you for no reason AND NOT REFUND. That is the clincher. No company in consumer law anywhere in the world can no matter what their T&Cs are get away with charging you and withdrawing service without explanation.

• Ge
      24th of May, 2018

I agree with you. One day karma will come to tinder because of there unfair Termination.

I sent them an email and told them one lady actually after marching with me demanded money. I responded to her in an indirect rejection but didn’t use any bad words.

She seemed that she just reported me and I friended me !

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

I experienced the same thing. Had Tinder gold for 6 months, had a lot of matches, never had an issue with anyone off there. Hadn’t used it for 2 days except talking to one girl and the conversation was just normal and pleasant. Went to use it that evening and was told my account was banned-emailed and received no reason, only that i had violated T&C. The fact they can offer no explanation to rules I have violated is pretty frustrating, especially since I was a gold subscriber with zero problems prior. I suspect the girl I last chatted with was a scammer who reported me but surely anyone could just do this to someone they don’t like!? Anyway, went through literally every T&C and hadn’t violated any of them: very disappointing for a product that considers itself top of the line.

• St
      2nd of Jul, 2018

I was a gold member too and got banned for no obvious reason.
    The servicedesk refused to explain.
    I contacted a dutch consumer organisation and after threatening with this I got my money back.
    I cant login anymore unless making a new facebook account I guess. But it is too much trouble for an app which has gotten beyond its good times anyway so I have quit tindering.
    It seems they make enough money to treat customers this way...

The free version has been sabotaged by Tinder while paying for it can result in losing your money while not getting back any service. So may advice: dont waist your time and money to this app and move on!

• El
      11th of Jul, 2018

Same here. Did nothing wrong. Banned. Is there a hack to get back in, somehow? Seems grossly unfair.

• Kc
      12th of Jul, 2018

They did the same to me. I reported multiple guys (two in particular that i remember vividly; one threatened my life because i didnt want him soliciting me for sex and the other was a well known predator using a fake profile on tinder to find girls on instagram because he didnt want his face seen on tinder). Nothing was done about either of them.

I reported more than a dozen men for actual real violations and bad behavior over the last year. Not ONE of them was reprimanded or kicked off. I provided details, pictures, screenshots, names, everything they asked for. But they have banned me probably 6 times now, because guys i either am not interested in, or do not want to match back with, or choose not to speak to anymore (for good reason too) are reporting me in high numbers. I dont know why im picked on so much by tinder, or by the guys who cant take a hint when a girl isnt interested, to just move on and stop trying to get her kicked off an app, because they arent getting their way.

It seems like tinder is biased. I am starting to believe "friends of friends" work for tinder or something...because i am incredibly shocked by how many predatory types of men are still using the app. I have real-life harassment orders on TWO of them! And i saw them on the app just a few weeks ago~! (i had reported them previously and had conversations with tinder about those specific reports, but tinder never did anything!)...So essentially, tinder is an app for predators and bad behavior. If you are an attractive girl, and enough insecure men are interested in you, more than likely you will be banned because those insecure men will falsely report you. And eventually tinder doesnt want to deal with it anymore, so they ban your phone number and account. Even a new facebook page wont help because you still need to use a phone number to log in.

It is beyond frustrating that tinder acts and operates this way. And i really want karma to hit them where it hurts. Ive never felt so wrongly accused of something in my life until tinder started targeting me and banning me every chance they got over insecure men reporting me (some of the men i had never even spoken to!!). It's insane how tinder is still around. Im better off without it. Ive never found anything remotely successful from the people who exist on that app. If they were normal, they probably wouldnt be on tinder falsely reporting women who arent interested in them. I think ill just fight the charges through my bank and im officially done with tinder and its sexist organization.

• Po
      19th of Jul, 2018

Same thing happened to me, I was banned for no reason, i had two more months of Tinder plus paid. This is ridiculous if random 3people can report and get you banned for nothing...
    Tinder sucks!

• Mi
      26th of Jul, 2018

Same here, banned and Tinder refuses to tell me why... I've asked 3 times why I'm banned, their latest reply is "We take violations of our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines very seriously. Please note that we do not have an appeals process at this time, therefore your account will remain banned from Tinder. You will not be able to create a new Tinder profile using your Facebook account and/or phone number."
    Duh!!!

• Li
      30th of Jul, 2018

Just amazing to see how common this issue became!

WOW!
    All of the above posts can tell my personal story with Tinder -
    I have Never violated ToS, Never did anything wrong, I was a paying member with a new 12-monthes Gold subscription...

Got Banned with for absolutely no reason. no warning was given prior to the ban.
    No refunds where issued and clearly no explanation from Tinder Support.

This was the most insulting customer experience of my life, Being accused like a criminal and thrown away like that.
    And... Having a service I have already paid for - declined for absolutely no explanation.

ANYBODY who is currently paying for Tinder exposes him/herself to the great risk of being falsely banned an losing their money.
    This is beside the frustration of losing their matches and conversations.

I wish they will change their customer experience.

• Ra
      17th of Aug, 2018

I am absolutely furious!!! I too have been banned from Tinder and like all of the comments on here I have no idea why. All I did was delete my account to reset my matches, which I have done before with no problem, and then tried to reinstate my profile to find I’m banned. Several emails later to “Samantha” and all she can tell me is to read their terms of service blah blah blah. I think a lot of their “members” violate a lot more than just tinders terms of service.

• Ni
      17th of Aug, 2018

Just happened to me the same. Awful.
    If you are filing a lawsuit, this is my email to contact me. I'm in: nicola@montorsi.net

22nd of Aug, 2018

@Nicola Montorsi Let me know if anyone contacts you re a suit? I would assist.

22nd of Aug, 2018

I was just banned too, I’m 18 and new to the app, I literally had two pics of my face and my bio said “I don’t know what I’m doing here” I was planning to fill it out once I got my life in order but apparently not now. I spoke with an “Amy” in emails and it was literally the same conversation as you guys. To put it vaguely,
    “Why was I banned?”
    “Provide a screenshot of your issue”
    *Sends screenshot of error code*
    “This means you violated our community guidelines and you will not be able to create a new account”
    “What rules have I broken? I haven’t even written to 2 of my matches yet and I’m BANNED for LIFE?”
    “We can not provide anymore information at this time.”

SO infuriating, they won’t respond anymore. What an absolute slap in the face to a potential customer.

22nd of Aug, 2018

@It's Bandit DITTO. I have decided to SPAM their service desk. Yes, I will do that. If they cannot or will not provide a service, I will be vexatious. They can't ban me again if I don't sign up. Also i think I will look into local consumer laws to see if there is any compliance they can be forced into. Again, to be vexatious. That is what they deserve.

24th of Aug, 2018

@Mdto Please do, this is the first time I've ever experienced a company that genuinely doesn't want customers/users or their issues to be resolved. What's worse about this, is whoever I talk to about this doesn't believe me at all. I can't provide evidence of my profile being harmless because I was banned and can't log back in, and why would I have a copy of my profile laying around in my photos? Absolutely ridiculous. I just wanted to meet someone and I barely got to use the [censored] app before my phone number being completely banned for life.

• Mm
      22nd of Aug, 2018

I'm a bit relieved to know that I'm not the only one but I'm equally gutted for everyone for such a scandalously bad experience with the deep unfairness and injustice of the highly arrogant and snobbish Tinder. I wish no one ever goes through this nightmare of being banned from the app for absolutely no reason whatsoever. But despite my personal disappointment, frustration, anger and shock, I reminded myself of something hugely important which is not to ever expect any consumers' rights or opinions from any apps or social media companies that are based in the USA. I should never sign up to any American-based app because that is what anyone could get randomly at any time. Unlike America, here in the UK, no one would ever be banned without a real and valid reason or sufficient evidence of actually breaking a company's terms and conditions. And, even when and if someone is banned, they're ALWAYS able to challenge that or to complain and to even escalate it if they want to take it further. With respect, it is shocking if this is how they do things in America. I am afraid that this is a scandalously unacceptable practice. I sent Tinder strongly-worded but polite emails saying that if I am no longer allowed to log in to my account or if I do not hear from them "concrete evidence" of how exactly I violated their Terms of Service or Community Guidelines, then I will be forced to share this experience with the media and press here in the UK, and perhaps on television. I have a copy of what was exactly written in my personal profile on Tinder, so I will be prepared to also contact the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) which might damage Tinder's reputation here at least. If necessary, I will also show my correspondence with Tinder customer service staff of trying to seek answers to the deep unfairness and injustice that I experienced with them. No one should ever be banned randomly from their app just because someone else there reported them as a result of feeling rejected. Yes, I am a man who rejected a woman on Tinder, although my account was barely three days old, but I was still polite to her in our brief chat because that is how we are here in Britain, polite, unlike in America. Hopefully sharing my personal experience might have inspired you or given you some useful information on what to do to show the world what Tinder and American-based apps are really like. All the best to everyone mates

22nd of Aug, 2018

Me too. I live in Australia and I thought that any company that operated here had to comply with local consumer laws. I do not understand their business model. Honestly I am so happy I don't live in the US. If i can be of any assistance at all please let me know.

• Mm
      23rd of Aug, 2018

@Mdto Trust me, I am genuinely happy for you to live in Australia and not in the USA. I am so proud and over the moon to be living here in the UK, in such a great country indeed. Rights and privacy are fundamentally personal and respected here, unlike in America where they are considered privileges. How can you be of assistance? What's your name?