Tinder / banned for no reason

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

HI my account on tinder was banned for no reason. I got an email saying i violated the terms of service and therefore my account was deleted. I went through all the terms of service and community guidelines and cannot find any violation I may have comiited. I have emailed them several times to ask them to simply tell me what violation I committed but they are refusing to tell me. Please help. I'm not looking for them to unban me or reactivate my account. I simply want them to tell me what rule or rules I broke. Thanks in advance

Ra
Dec 21, 2017

Comments

• Ci
      20th of Mar, 2018

I wasn’t even logged in, let alone my Tinder account wasn’t even active and when I tried logging back in I received an error message. Tinder has sooo many scammers and fakes. I don’t recommend this app at all.

• Re
      27th of Mar, 2018

Same happened to me yesterday. I wasn’t getting any super like matches for weeks so I decided to log out and log back in and when I tried to log back in it said I was banned. I emailed support last night and this morning they told me what they told you. That my account was banned but I specifically asked them WHY was I banned and no reason was given. Just stating that I was banned. I was a gold member too.

• Ju
      5th of Apr, 2018

Same here. Gold member, got kicked out from Tinder, tried to log back in - no luck. Error code - ban. I have checked the guidelines - I haven't violated anything. Contacted Tinder Team, got a reply that I was banned. I tried to quiz them about the reason, but they said "Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time".

From my point of view Tinder team violates their own rules and policies - by default all people are innocent unless proven otherwise. Tinder team say "Hey, you are a BAD person. So bad we cannot tolerate you on Tinder so you get a ban. Go find yourself why you are bad".

I would give Tinder a zero rating if was possible. Extremely disappointed. The biggest customer care issue I have had in my 40 years...

• Tr
      22nd of Apr, 2018

I'm literally going through the same thing. I am wondering if it's because others have reported you? Or if Tinder ran some kind of algorithm and found something wrong with our accounts. I will research and post if I find anything!

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

@True Sig Connor Have heard if 3 people report you you get banned? I got banned and have no idea who would have reported me but I hadn’t violated anything else and they reported me.

• Ri
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Ditto!
    I'm a guy who never makes first contact. I had two pleasant conversations, with two Tinder members in the week that my Tinder account was banned, and no other conversations with anyone in the month prior. No conversation that I have engaged in has ever been anything but pleasant. I don't ever send inappropriate images, and I've never said an unkind word to anyone on Tinder, EVER.

• Vi
      24th of Apr, 2018

I Googled this to see whether it was just me. Clearly not - the exact same thing has happened to me. As well as photos of me that don't breach any of their stated terms being removed. It's incredibly infuriating that Tinder refuse to explain themselves.

• Ax
      8th of May, 2018

I can add my experience here as well. I have been exchanging pleasant chats with several women over the last few days and suddenly my Tinder logged out. When I tried to log back in I received error 40303. I e-mailed support and they simply responded that my account was banned for violating ToS and user guidelines and that was it. There was no way to restore or dispute the matter. I was also a paying Gold subscriber (NZD$47.99 monthly)

I believe this is an incredible (and unlawful) case of consumer rights abuse. As a subscriber to a paid service you have the right to know why your services were terminated and I will report this to several consumer rights groups.

I do not believe I have violated their terms nor have I insulted any of my contacts or used foul language.

• Ge
      24th of May, 2018

I agree with you. One day karma will come to tinder because of there unfair Termination.

I sent them an email and told them one lady actually after marching with me demanded money. I responded to her in an indirect rejection but didn’t use any bad words.

She seemed that she just reported me and I friended me !

• Cj
      30th of May, 2018

I experienced the same thing. Had Tinder gold for 6 months, had a lot of matches, never had an issue with anyone off there. Hadn’t used it for 2 days except talking to one girl and the conversation was just normal and pleasant. Went to use it that evening and was told my account was banned-emailed and received no reason, only that i had violated T&C. The fact they can offer no explanation to rules I have violated is pretty frustrating, especially since I was a gold subscriber with zero problems prior. I suspect the girl I last chatted with was a scammer who reported me but surely anyone could just do this to someone they don’t like!? Anyway, went through literally every T&C and hadn’t violated any of them: very disappointing for a product that considers itself top of the line.