Time Warner Cable / they're spreading cockroaches
On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 a Time Warner representative came to our home to install the digital telephone modem which would also provide our internet service.
My husband observed an insect walking on the modem box and asked what it was and the employee seemed dazed and confused.
After the installer left, my husband and I saw cockroach after cockroach emerge from the modem. We killed them as quickly as we could.
We have never seen roaches in our house before. Our house is free-standing and many yards away from neighbour homes.
I called Time Warner insisting that they come to remove the modem. The woman I spoke with insisted that I had to be wrong and that it was impossible for cockroaches to be in the modem. She refused my request that Time Warner come on the following day to remove and replace the offending modem, which housed a swarm of roaches.
We wrapped the modem up in plastic and duct tape.
On Saturday, April 19, 2008 when the representative came to replace the modem, we had arranged for a witness to be with us.
We took the modem to the front porch, removed the plastic bag, and a number of cockroach bodies fell out. The Time Warner worker agreed that modems sometimes came from other people’s homes and were reused. He suggested that the modem may have first been used in a contaminated home or that it was possible that the first installer may have had cockroaches in his truck.
In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study. We try to kill them as we can. We would not have had this infestation were it not for the Time Warner modem.
More Time Warner Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality 
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - bill increase
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - internet
- Time Warner Cable - customer service
- Time Warner Cable - television cable service