Tim Hortons / dirty store

On August 1, 2018 at approximately 645 am I went to the Tim Hortons located in the Vancouver International Airport on the second level near CBSA. I work at the airport and frequent this Tim Hortons. On this day there were several flies behind the counter area and in the food display case. This is not the first time this has occurred. But that is not what completely disgusted and will keep me from going to that location in the future. I'm not sure the name of the worker, but she is pregnant. She took a knife and used it to move a latch below the monitors displaying the food for sale in order to turn to the screen on. She then put that knife back on the counter where sandwiches are made and another girl used that knife to prepare food. I was called up by the pregnant girl to give my order. I confronted her about using the knife to adjust the monitor and then placing it on the counter to be used on food. She just stared at me and in another language said something. Then I said I didn't want to order anything because that was disgusting. I can't believe she didn't care that she did that and it makes me wonder what other things she/the workers have done that I haven't seen. I went to Starbucks instead. I will not go to that Tim's again. I hope that individual is at least counseled on the importance of hygiene and the store is cleaned of the flies. Thank you for your time.

Ts