Thrifty Car Rental / unexpected $150.00+ surcharge horible service

1 SeaTac, WA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I took a trip to Washington State and reserved a rental car from Thrifty Car Rentals (worst mistake). We arrived at the SeaTac airport in Washing State on March 20th, 2009. The Thrifty rental booth was closed at the airport. We were told that we would have to take a Thrifty shuttle bus to their place of business to get the car. Once we arrived there was a small line with about 4/5 parties waiting for a car. It took over an HOUR to get to the counter!!! The worst customer service ever!!! Once to the counter we learned that our rental (11:00 pm Friday start returning car early Sunday Morning) would cost us an extra $150.00+ in additional taxes and surcharges. This was never disclosed in the details when booking on-line. Our total bill was over $300.00. On top of this, when I was looking for some items that I dropped on the floor in the car I ran my hand across the floor and felt a stinging sensation. I look at my hand and it was dripping blood. The car apparently had a windshield replaced as there was broken glass all underneath the seat where I ran my hand which was cut from the glass. They did not take to time to thoroughly vacuum underneath the seat. When we reported this upon returning the car the attendant said I don't know what to tell you sorry. Very unorganized, very unprofessional and I seriously question their billing practices (thrifty my a@!#). They really put a negative start to our mini vacation. I would absolutely never ever use Thrifty Car Rental again (ever!!).

Ch

Comments

• Dt
      11th of Apr, 2009

Now you stated that the fees and surcharges were not quoted to you when you booked on-line. My question to you is did you book your reservation on thrifty.com? Because if you did all fees and airpiort surcharges are listed even any other fees that may be such as adding drivers and so forth. You just have to LOOK for it a the bottom once your price has been quoted to you. Now I agree that it was not a correct thing for them not to fully clean out the car. ON the other note you can not be upset with the person that is running the location at the moment. They are not resposible of how many people are on the staff. So having to wait a bit longer is not bad customer service because were you not served in a timely manner? They treated you just like any customer. The agent is not going to speed up the rental process just because they saw you come in line. So come on give the agent a break!!!