Thrifty Car Renal / deceptive practices

Sarasota Airport, Sarasota, FL, United States Review updated:

Do not use thrifty car rental! They engage in deceptive practices that can lead to unwanted substantial add on fees. I rented a vehicle for a week at the sarasota airport location. After telling the clerk repeatedly that I did not want the optional loss damage waiver insurance or the trip saver options, these additional charges were added on to my bill. The screen used for customers to agree and sign off on the bill did not clearly display these additional charges.
After seeing the charges I called their 'client service' number where I was rudely told that I signed a binding agreement and they would not even consider my request for a partial refund and would not even pass my call to a supervisor.

Le

Comments

• St
      Apr 11, 2012

I had the exact same experience in Tampa International Airport. Agent SNASIT/234 rushed me through acceptance saying click accept that you are declining service.

May 02, 2012

This scam is going on at Dollar and Thrifty .You tell them you don't want insurance but they sign you up and don't tell you that you have just signed a pad that acknowledges you want the pricey insurance. See our story at

Consumers need to fight back.Send us your story, we will fight this
    email us at [protected]@gmail.com