The Dump / defectife mattress

Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

Dealing with the Dump has been nothing but a nightmare. I first contacted the Dump customer service about my mattress in January of 2010, only to be given the run around by the customer service department. I wrote letters and issued a complaint to the BBB and finally the store manager said we could exchange the less than a year old defective mattress for a new one. Well they only said that to shut us up and to get rid of the complaint with the BBB. The king size mattress has indentations(its sinking on the right and left side and the middle is as good as new) as to where me and my husband sleep and squeaks really loud when you get in and out of bed. You feel springs poking at you in your sleep. I have horrible back pain from this mattress and have been going to a chiropractor over it. When we purchased the mattress there was a 10 or 15 year warranty on the mattress. The bedding manager Beau, gave a hard time and showed us some other mattress that was not ours. He said well its the model number on the receipt. I said well that is not our mattress at all. I then had to go all the way back home, take pictures of the mattress and bring them back to show him. This store is nothing but a SCAM. We were then told by sales person Brad that he would order us a new mattress and he would call when it came in.. Well 3 weeks went by no one called. So I called them and they told me it was in and the deal was we had to transport our old mattress back and they would give us a new one. Well the joke was on us. My husband loaded the old one on top of the car and brought it all the way there and then they told him that there was dirt and urine stains on it?? I never knew either of us to pee the bed and the dirt was the size of a dime and it was from loading it on the car. So they were going to try to re sale it this defective mattress. A used mattress being returned to the manufacture due to it being defective should not matter if it had a speck of dirt on it. The dirt occurred from the transportation from our house to the store. This store is horrible and sells used mattresses. Our mattress was probably used it makes me think. They have greatly inconvenienced my husband and I and now we are stuck with a horrible mattress to sleep on and basically threw 999.00 out the window.

Lw

Comments

• Ve
      24th of Jan, 2011

please go to the federal trade commission and your attorney, s general office. submit copies of everthing to them and explain what happened to you.I have been scammed on a mattress that cost us $4400. and am going after them. they are robbing people and need to be stopped.