Testing Manual For Usps Employment Test. / extremely misleading

1945 Scottsville Road, B-2Bowling Green, KY, United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 270-745-9079
Initially I was told by Testing & Careers w/ US, Inc. after I contacted them that purchasing their manual in advance of scheduling the USPS exam was necessary. Of course they deducted the $129.90 from my account the same day I ordered it. After six weeks of not being able to schedule my exam I returned the manual for a "full" refund, per their policy (full refund minus $12.90 for an electronic transfer). What I wasn't told initially was that AFTER Testing & Careers receives the manual and request for refund that it takes them 5-7 working days to process the request, why?, I can't even imagine. It took them 12 calendar days in my case. After numerous calls I found out that they don't actually handle the refund themselves, it goes through a 3rd party, who quotes an additional 5-8 working days before it posts to my account. I was intially led to believe from Testing & Careers that the refund would hit my checking account in 1-2 days, BALONEY! They NEED to state up front in writing that refunds take between 12-18 working days and go through a 3rd party processor.
The gentleman I spoke with would not give me the name of anyone else in the organization to speak with and that he, who answered the customer support line, was the ultimate supervisor/authority/answer-man. He refused to give me any other contact information. VERY SHADY characters these guys! These folks do not like to make refunds. BEWARE!
Al

Comments

My
  13th of Jul, 2010
I sent them back the manual few months ago with a tracking number, so I can be sure they received the book.

I already called them several times to issue me a refund, they don't even pick up the phone. I have to call my credit

card company to get the refund. AVOID this company, IT's A SCAM!!!
He
  31st of Jan, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
A friend at work told me about this and I was all for it and therefore I called and just order the package. I should have known this was a scam PLEASE HELP!! How do I get a refund, I just ordered it 30 minutes ago not knowing it was a scam. Can I call them back and cancel or WHAT??? Help ME PLEASE!! I'm really kicking myself in the butt for this one!!!

United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo United States Postal Service [USPS]