Template Monster / World of charity template with templatemonster

??, United States Review updated:

I bought this theme from Template Monster. Initially I thought that it was a lovely theme, but when trying to work with it, I realised that it is not what it claims to be.

Upon attempting to set my site up to look very similar to the demo theme, each time I tried to change the demo theme to look the way I wanted it to look, it kept reverting back to the demo theme. I handed it over to an experienced web designer to set up for me, and even he told me that it is reverting back. He told me that it's the Cherry Plugin that is part of the theme's integrated plugins that is buggy, but it makes working with the them a nightmare.

I asked for a refund, which I was told would be returned within 24 hours. That was a lie. I bought another theme from FlyThemes which once I submitted a claim to Paypal I discovered is also owned by the same man called Liam Tornhill. When downloading the FlyThemes theme the download was interrupted and so not all files were downloaded (unbeknownst to me). When trying to upload I kept getting an error message and so I wrote and asked for a refund. I'm in Australia so my emails weren't being responded to due to the fact that I was likely writing when people in America are asleep. There have been no posts on FlyTheme's blog since 2014 and so I was quite concerned that I would never get a refund.

Anyway, I ask for help from a guy on fiverr.com who lived in India, and he helped me by asking me to redownload the theme from FlyThemes, which I'd previously tried to do but it hadn't worked. Well this time it worked, and so I managed to get the theme uploaded and formatted the way I want. So the $39 theme from FlyThemes is now my site's theme. I wrote back to FlyThemes saying that I now had been able to upload and format the theme, and that a refund wasn't necessary.

I then went to Paypal and set up a dispute regarding the theme that I bought from Templatemonster. The price of that theme was $75 - a large difference to the price of the other theme - yet when the seller responded, it turned out to be the SAME man running both sites, and he mixed up the communication from both interactions and sent a copy of when I told him that I didn't need a refund ... but it was the communication for the $39 FashionBuzz theme, not the $75 World of Charity Theme. He was trying to show Paypal that I didn't want a refund anymore. In that process he gave away the fact that he is the owner of BOTH template sites - FlyThemes and TemplateMonster.

In his communication to me at FlyThemes, he told me that I wouldn't get a refund to my credit card, just a credit with FlyThemes. Thank God I paid by Paypal who have buyer protection when I bought World of Charity at TemplateMonster. He would have tried to rip me off there as well.

I did the right thing and told the truth throughout, but as my web designer said, I'd have very little chance of getting a refund, and the company would try to say that it was the guy's fault who is working on the site, or it is the hosting company's fault. I have FIFTEEN sites hosted with crazydomains and NONE of them cause me problems like the World of Charity theme does. It is NOT the fault of crazydomains, whose service has been pretty good. In fact, very close to excellent most times.

Don't do business with either TemplateMonster or FlyThemes. You'll lose your money if you ever have an issue with their themes and you pay by credit card. They are not honest.

Ms
May 18, 2017

Comments

7th of Jun, 2017

Dear Madeline,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
    We apologize for any inconvenience that this case may have caused you. According to the review, you've purchased two different themes for WordPress: one at TemplateMonster.com, and the other one at FlyThemes.net. Unfortunately, FlyThemes.net is different template provider and TemplateMonster Team is not in charge of any requests regarding their products.

We officially state that we have no business or any other relations with FlyThemes.net and while working on your initial request the Manager assumed you meant the order placed with us. According to the correspondence via the ticket system, the theme from TemplateMonster was refunded already.

Nevertheless, we do realize that it was quite a negative experience with both companies for you and once again we are sorry for such an experience you had.
    Still hope you will get back to us in the future and become one of our happy customers for life.

Best regards,