Telus / excessive charges

Langley, BC, Canada Review updated:

I have been with Telus formerly B.C. Tel for 28 years. They had called my wife asking her if she wanted to try sat. tv for 1 year, no contract. She agreed and we tried it for 17 months. After 17 months of poor tv reception we decided to go with shaw. I called Telus to ask them to cancel their service and they said I was tied to a 3 year VERBAL contract for my phone, tv, and internet. I told them no, 3years is a long time to try something.
Anyway I cancelled their service and returned their 3 cable boxes back in November, now 6 months later I get a bill from a collection agency demanding $1, 129.30. no explanation as to why I am supposed to pay this outrageous amount. I have sent 2 different copies of delivery records showing their equipment was received. I now have to figure out how fight These Giant Robbers. they will mess up your credit on a verbal agreement over the phone. I will NEVER go back.
Be warned Telus is NOT friendly.

Comments

• Ds
      21st of Apr, 2012

12 months is a year not 17 months. You are not trying it for 3 years. You tried it for 1 year. You decided to keep it for longer than the 1 year. You should have cancelled before your 12 months is over. Once the 12 months are over, you are contracted by paying your bill in the 13th month to the 3 years. If you are cancel before your contract is up. There is a early cancellation fee. From the looks of it, it looks it the fee is 60 bucks per month so that is probably 20 bucks a month per service for the rest of your contract.

• Ds
      21st of Apr, 2012

If you are cancel before your contract is up. = If you are cancelling before your contract is up.