Telus / telus handing out my silent phone number
I recently purchased phone service from Telus and the one thing I requested and pay for is a private "unlisted" number.
Well after giving our number to a few family members I started to get calls from banks and credit agencies. Someone who shares the same first name as me (but not the same last name) owes them money and they think I'm him.
After numerous inquiries with this people who refuse to believe who I am I was told by all of them that Telus gave them my phone number. When I phone Telus they said we could fix the problem by buying more advanced phone features from them.
No "sorry". No "our mistake let's fix it". Just "buy more product". Is this why I purchased a silent number to begin with?
More Telus Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer! 
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging 
- Telus Mobility - deceptive cancellation charges 
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility! 
- Telus - misleading advertising 
- TELUS Communications Company - politics and propaganda
- Telus Communications - internet 
- Telus Communications - door to door sales claiming to be telus
- Telus Communications - internet
- Telus Communications - billing errors and lack of support and resolve the issues