Telkom SA SOCpoor service - misleading information - no feedback

On 25 June 2018 I signed up for an uncapped fibre option and was given an order number as confirmation. Installation would be done within 7-10 days. Needless to say nothing happened and after numerous queries was advised that installation takes 21 days. Still nothing happened and I now go to the local branch every second day to complain. Interesting aspect is that the local manager tells me that once an order is placed they have no contact or control over the technical team. So it seems the bottom line is hurry up and wait !!

Apart from the poor service and disrespect that I have to ensure the service via an ADSL line is pathetic. I am subscribed for a 4 Mbps service but only at best get 1, 9Mbps. When querying this I was told the speed is up to 4 Mbps and not guaranteed to operate at that speed. That is not what I was told when signing up. Moreover the system is down more often than not.

Telkom your service stinks and customer support does not exist in your vocabulary. This is what happens when you have a monopoly

Va