telkom claim that they offer a world class servise and are gearing up to impress the rest of the world for 2010. but here i sit on the first day of 2010 and my connection is slower than ever.
a few things really irritate me about telkom
1. when they mess up the only answer u get is it will take a few days to fix as they must follow policy, it was breach of policy wich made them mess up in the first place
2. most of the consultants at the help line know less about computers and internet than the average internet user
3. the call centers almost always have exorbitant waiting times
4. most first world contries ( and i use first world as an example as this is who will use our services in 2010 and what telkom claims they can offer) run at a speed of 2 to 4 gigs we run at 400 megs what a joke.
5. capped services we have to be one of the few contries this exists in, so y would they think it is a good idea.i think the general feeling amongst users is if i buy 5 gigs i will make sure i use all five, if on the other hand i pay a set price of about 5 gigs worth but it doesnt capp i wouldnt be bothered if i only used 1 gig this month and 6 the next. so at the moment we all loose.
6.price why is it still so expensive for internet and y does the goverment not step in and regulate the guys. i was told( by a telkom employee) that if i want adsl i must rent a line a telkom phone line and then an adsl line i am quite happy usin my cell and most of my friends also have cell so its cheaper to phone cell to cell y then would i want a phone line aswell, this all has to be paid before your gigs even if u use an independant provider u still need a telkom line.
7. the tough for u attitued when u have a problem and u phone in for help and u arent luck enough to get a decent person on the other end you get a tough for u like it or lump it attitude cause they know that there is no where else for u to go, or you get treated like an idiot cause your internet is down( for example not so long ago when they had problems and a whole bunch of passwords and user names just dissapeared).
8.the we have no idea how long it will take to fix answer( what 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, one year...)
how long should we wait before we aproach the next level and y if we are not satisfied do we get denyed the right to speak to the next level( no the supperviser is out, no only i can help u, it is not possible or dont tell me how to do my job i wont give u the number) in which case if u ask for there name all u get is the sound of the phone being hung up in your ear.
i think if another phone company comes in telkom is domed i would even change to them if they were more expensive, but it will never happen this companies monopally seems protected by the goverment( at the price of what kick backs, kick backs we pay for) i wonder.