TCF Bank / Scam

United States Review updated:

I had a $0.71 (yes, 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and a penny) payment due to paypal, and they attempted to take the $0.71 from my account not once but 6 times!!! (Paypal is my next complaint). Instead of TCF paying the pety $0.71, and charging me a one time $35 fee they declined the payment and allowed Paypal to continue to try taking the funds 6 times, and charged me $35 every time!!! This is all over less then a $1.00. I'm so mad, and will be putting my complaint anywhere, and everywhere I possibly can!!

Mo

Comments

• Fr
      26th of Mar, 2010

i have had them do that to me as well

• Je
      5th of Aug, 2010

TCF Bank assessed improper or excessive overdraft fees!! They list overdrafts from largest to smallest to increase the likelihood that customers will overdraw multiple times. Not only that, but I made four transactions between Thursday and Friday. Instead of listing those first, they listed my Saturday transaction first which of course was the higher amount. So, this led to a snowball effect, and what should have been one overdraft fee, ended up being five!!! I have contacted an attorney in hopes of becoming part of a class action suit!!