Tata Sky / terrible experience

1 India Review updated:

It is to inform you that TATA SKY's digicomp card needs to be wiped every now & then. Maybe once in 02 days. This is such an incompetent product that I have wiped this card for a tleast 50 times in 40 days time. Reason is not known. The call center answer is so cold that they are not ready to listen to anything but say that please wipe.

After wiping for so many times card obviously goes bad.It has got small strip like sim card. The replacement cost of this is Rs 500.00. TATA guys needs to underact that we can get a new connection at Rs 700 now.

Otherwise we will have to really say TATA to TATA SKY.

Ra

Comments

• Vk
      16th of Aug, 2008

Tata sky never bother about customer complaint. My box was not working for 6 days. they will ask you to always call center on std call who will put you on hold for endless wait.No one will take ownership of your complain. once you are hooked with Tata Sky - they will ensure to make you feel that you made a blunder of your life. Will any government agency or TRAI look into functioning of such company and save customer from unprofessional attitude. As par TRAI they should solve complaint in a time frame. there are thousands of complaint pending for over many days and service department not bother? Their managers are putting down Tata's reputation. Are Tata people ready to face coming competition or are looking down with red face and have given up?

• Ab
      25th of Aug, 2008

I am also a harrassed customer of TATA SKY. I have recently shifted from Delhi to Bangalore and had brought by set top box here and ever since have been following up with Customer care centre for installation here in Bangalore. IT SEEMS NOBODY IS BOTHERED, THE CUSTOMER CARE CENTRE IS NOT READY TO GIVE TATASKY OFFICE ADDRESS WHERE WE CAN HAVE OUR GIEVENCES HEARD.

IT SEEMS TATA HAS TOTALLY FORGOTTEN THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I HOPE MR. RATAN TATA LOOKS INTO THESE COMPLAINTS BECAUSE FEW IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE ARE RUINING TATA BRAND NAME.

• Di
      4th of Sep, 2008

We bought are charge voucher and even after installing properly and putting up several complaints our Tv shows "please insert your digicard and your digicard is unauthorized. We are sorry cause in the name of the complaint we spent lots of money and also the the in the refill voucher is now exhausted without we able to enjoy any program.

• Fa
      1st of Nov, 2008

What a type of service does Tata sky is providing! I spent a lots of money in recharging my card with Platinium sports and now when its recharged the card has became Unauthorized! Is this you call the service! Really this is very bad, tatasky is cheating! they are just frauds!

• Ze
      17th of Feb, 2009

I have used Tata Sky for a long time and never had any problems. You must not have installed it properly, this is why it is showing this message. Check the installtion again.

• Va
      10th of Mar, 2009

Tata Sky guys have good engineeers who do the installation properly, i can say so coz a lot of my relatives have it and we never had any of tht issue.. neway their cutomer service is efficient so just acll them and your prb will be fixed..

• Va
      10th of Mar, 2009

I am shocked that u guys had issues with their customer service.. i have had a couple of encounters with them and was just impressed the way they had tackled my issue.. Tata as a brand is infact known for its customer care and thts no different for tata sky as well...

• Mr
      6th of Apr, 2009

I had a similar problem got it fixed as soon as i got them to their notice..
    infact they were quite apologetic and treated my complaint very well..

• Ic
      22nd of Jul, 2009

say "TATA" to tata sky
    my complain no is 1-4433490913
    complain from date :10-7-2009
    I am facing this problem from last 12 days.
    I have recharged my account on 6-7-09
    Tata sky customer care doesn't replying anything about my complain,
    already 5 engineers are visited to our house.
    No one was knowing any thing they told now sineear engineer will visit our house,
    but no one had visited our house I am facing this problem from last 12 days.
    I didn't get any responce from tata sky this is too much this is our last communication with tata sky
    & then I would have to take more crusial steps & even have to say: "TATA" to TATA SKY
    This is too much I wont immidiate reply from tata sky

i.c.shah
    date :22-7-09

• Ze
      29th of Jul, 2009

I think you should just talk to those people. Its always better to communicate one on one . Many times there are misunderstandings as well. Its better to call their toll free number and explain the whole situation to them.