Tata Sky / Tata Sky Dealers or....?

India Review updated:
I would like to share my bitter experience with Tata sky dealer m/s. Jayanth Auto agencies, Mysore . I had purchased a TATA SKY DIGICOM vide his invoice no. 636 dt. 03-09-2007 for Rs.2999=00 at 13.00 hrs. I even paid additional Rs.1500=00 by cash towards the installation charges, totaling Rs. 4499=00. At 13.40 hrs, when I went home I found my TV set was out of order. Immediately I informed the above dealer to cancel the order and explained the reason for the cancellation. He refused to do so.

At 18:00 hrs, I got a call from your Tata Sky office about the registration and installation. There also I explained my problem and he was kind enough to cancel the registration and asked me to contact the company representative at Mysore.

On 04-09-2007 , I went to M/s. Jayanth Auto Agencies personally and briefed him the situation and requested the dealer to refund the amount if any as per the rules of the company. The dealer flatly refused to refund even one rupee. When I requested him to refund the installation charges of Rs. 1500=00, he stood up and raised his hand to slap me. All this happened in the presence of Mr. Nazar who is the company representative.

After much discussion he refunded Rs. 1500=00 but refused pay a single rupee towards the Digicom. It is not the money which matters, but the rude and goonda behaviour of the dealer which hurt me the most. I am aged 65 years and he showed scant respect for the age. He does not have the courtesy to explain the rules of the company for refund claim and cancellation.

This is for the information of the concerned authority for redressal and to avoid unhealthy instances in the future whereby the reputation of Tata Sky may spoil.

I am deeply disturbed by this incident discouraging me to recommend any TATA services to anybody which I was keen on initially. I suppose TATA must be judicious in choosing their representatives, for it is the customer who forms the backbone of a service oriented industry.

Comments

Ch
  15th of Oct, 2008
Why people are so stupid buying TataSky ?
Now there are many other companies offering DTH service. So just everybody must avoid tatasky and purchase any dth other than tata.
Because tatasky is just cheating the customers regarding everything e.g. settop box, channel-package, price, customer service etc. etc.
SO JUST DONT PURCHASE TATASKY.
Mu
  11th of Apr, 2009
Tata sky dealer.

with the referance mention about problem tatasky service. reason is i have done recharge tata sky on 8th April, 2009 but untill not update
credit balance. As i call help service & given online message also date on 9th April, 2009. but never get any response when i call on laned phone service they replay after 4hours balance will be update still 72hours finish not any response. dear friend promotion is not a impotant if you provided good service that is your promotion in your tatasky.
I CAN HOPE FROM YOU BEST SERVICE.

BEST REGARDS.

MUHAMMED RAFEEQ
I.D: No :- 1012422281
ANDRA PRADESH- (NIZAMABAD)

Tata Sky Logo Tata Sky
Customer Care Service
Overall Satisfaction Rating

103 Reviews
Opposite Marthon Heights, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Kamagar Nagar Number 1, Elphinstone West, Century Mills, Lower Parel, Maharashtra
Mumbai