Tata Sky / unethical business practice

1 India Review updated:

My subscriber ID is [protected].

We had two of our set top boxes in non-working condition for which we had requested Tata Sky technicians to come over and fix it. Since both the boxes were under warranty, I was specifically informed that I wont be charged a single penny for the replacing them with other refurbished boxes.

I had specifically filled up and signed forms given to me by the Tata Sky technicians where it mentioned that I won't be charged for the service.

I checked my account today and figured that it has been deactivated and a charge of 350 Rs. has been levied on my account as VISIT CHARGE.

This comes off as cheating, unethical business practice and misguided information from Tata Sky for which if I am not attended to properly I will approach the Consumer Protection Court.

We are extremely dissatisfied with Tata Sky services and are seriously thinking of permanently switching over to another provider.

Regards,
Dr. Gautam Patel

Tata Sky

Comments

• Va
      7th of Sep, 2009

Let it be any Dth provider techician visit is charged. I too had come across such an issue where I was informed I won't be charged for the services but the technicians did charge me I wasn't charged for the new box.

• So
      19th of Jan, 2010

If you got that the charges deducted from your acccount. then you have to clear it out means why the charges deducted from account. just call the helpline and ask for the info of that deduction. if it's a wrong deduction then you will definatly get the credit back in your account.