Tata Sky / Fraudulent charges!

1 India Review updated:

I have bought new connection from Tata Sky dealer from Paras Enterprises Chandigarh dated 15th June'07, dealer has charged Rs 3800 from me and said that it includes installation charges also and it is free for three months after three months I have to take recharge coupon according to any plan. After installation my connection got disconnect after seven days and was asked to deposit another Rs 1000 for installation charges . When I told them that it is already paid by me. They are now making false statement that they have given me coupon of Rs 1000 however it is not given to me neither I was guided for the same thing. I have complaint the same thing to Tata Sky Customer care on dated 01.07.07 , despite of repeated calls to them I am unable to get any solution.

Regards,
Rajender Sharma [protected].

Comments

• Di
      6th of Jul, 2007

Hello,

The shopkeeper from whom you purchased the connection has committed a fraud with you. The amount you paid him (i.e. Rs. 3800) actually consists of STB cost Rs. 2999 + installation charges Rs. 1000. This implies that the shopkeeper has committed a fraud with you. He has taken full money from you but has not given you the Recharge coupon of Rs. 1000. Through this coupon we pay the installation charges to the company.

I had purchased connection on 6th April, 07. The shopkeeper gave me the STB + Recharge coupon of Rs. 1000. I paid him Rs. 3999. When we recharge by this coupon immediately after installation, the company deducts the installation charges from our A/c. This is the method of paying the installation charges to the company.

You can do one thing : Meet the shopkeeper & tell him to give you the recharge coupon of Rs. 1000, which he has not given you. Tell him that if he doesn't give it, then I will have to sue in the consumer's court.

Hope your problem is solved.

Regards.

• Ag
      5th of Oct, 2007
    Tata Sky - Fraudulent charges
    India

NEVER ever use a credit card or online facility from TATA SKY for renewal

I was charged twice on my credit card

If it was done the same day, it is a possibility that there was a internet connectivity error

This is the fact :

I recharged for rs 500 on 6th September. i got a alert on my Digicom about the recharge

Then when i receive the credit card statement, I see two Rs500 to TATA Sky, one on 6th september 2007 and the another on 7th Sep 2007

There is a third part involved in collecting payments for TATA Sky, I am sure its them doing this.

Also on 30th september I participated in a contest through SMS. Received an alert Rs.5/- has been deducted from my account for the participation

When i received my Bill on 6th October 2007, dated 1st October 2007, I have been charged twice.

The sweet voice at the TATA SKY Helpline says, "SAAARR you must have sended twice"

This is highly stupid and a clear indication of TATA SKY doing fraud. Reason being if I had sent twice, I must have been charged twice by my Phone company too... Why are they not interested to charge me for the second SMS then? Think...

Dear TATA SKY, Please use your brains next time when you want to do a mass fraud with your customers.
    Anyways TATAs are known for being honest and straight forward, but is it all gone with RATAN TATA going home?

-agnisharman
    www.agnisharman.com

• Ju
      2nd of Jun, 2008

i am also a tatasky user in kerala.before 1 year i got my connection.unluckly there is two terrace in my home.they installed the dish in the lower terrace.at the time i asked them why cant you install it on upper terrace.they told me that it is more than enough here.from the day towards i am getting poor quality pictures when rain comes signal goes.when wind blows signal goes.i am tired of this thing and complaint not less than 50 times.to local people as well as to mumbai and chennai.the s.t.d charges of this calls are big amount because i have to hold the line for 15 to 30 minuts.and now they comes after one year and tells me i have to pay 350 rupees to get it on the upper terrace.and they changed the dish also by telling me it is damagedby charging me 600 rupees.i am fed up with all thease thing and now thinks of retire from the system but my balance is 4500 rupees and if i avoid it the balance is gone.that is the only reason why i still keeping it.these people are realy ruining the goodwill of TATA.

p.p junaid

• Go
      14th of Apr, 2009

I have always used my credit card to recharge.. and i have been doing so since 2 years and never faced that problem.. i think they have an efficient system..

• Ni
      3rd of Aug, 2009

hi,

see the funny & bad services of tata sky as below

** Any channel STOP anytime, start asking money for it.
    ** a logo of tata SKY comes down to screen always, interupting your view.
    ** As soon as you start TV, tata box hang out for 15 seconds, showing Tata sponsored advertisements.
    ** A eight digit number always flash, anoyying your TV views every time.
    ** The magnetic waves of set topbox, destroys ur Tv picture tube, complained by many users of TATA sky. came in times also.
    ** They manipulate recharge vouchers according to them, you cant appeal also .
    ** No postal address on Tata sky website, nor given by call centers, where you can lodge your complaints in written.