Tata Indicom Walky Phone / Disconnection of phone without notice

1 India Review updated:

A copy of email to: pro / general manager (sales/services)

I had purchased the tata indicom walky after consulting your office in pune and your official allotted me walky after i made the payment of rs 2000 / - for lifetime incoming facility.
The documents were checked by your official as well as the authorized dealer swati communications, kothrud pune. As per their advise, i submitted my mtnl bill, copy of my driving license of uk (okayed by both) as i am faculty with educations dept of glasgow, scotland, uk.

The phone was installed on 19th and i had no problems. This morning, suddenly it was disconnected without notice. On complaining with your customer services, i was told that due to address mismatches, it is disconnected.

If that is the case, then, what in the first place the phone was allotted after verifying my documents for which copies are available in your office / distributor.

This is very serious. If i do not get my connection as well as satisfying answers to my complaint, i have no alternative, but to approach the leading newspapers for my harassment.
I conduct seminars, conferences in pune and other places all over india and abroad.
This service has put my entire work under embarrassment as my students from india and abroad are trying to reach me through this telephone line only.

This has brought my entire work to a grinding halt.

Vijay

Comments

• Re
      9th of Feb, 2007

I think the service of tata indicom is poor.

• At
      23rd of Feb, 2007

Another example of ill customer service again today. Someone named Pradeep came to my house and called me from there. I asked what has he come for, he said he does not know and I should know that because I had complained he only has the name and the address that’s all.

I told him to go disconnect my phone he said he can not do that but he will write the details and just go.

I told him that I had initially called long back for the replacement of the set. And he was ready to replace but I am not interested in taking any service from one of the worst companies in India.

Shame on you all.

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:07 AM
    To: 'enterprise@tatatel.co.in'
    Importance: High

Can my email be forwarded to the right person in TATA Indicom.

I am unable to find a responsible person on TATA.

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:59 AM
    To: 'complaint@consumergrievance.com'; 'ccadityainternational@tatatel.co.in'; 'samparkatul@hotmail.com'; 'customercare.delhi@tatatel.co.in'
    Importance: High

Got a call from Aman , claims to be from TATA Indicom refund dept.

When I asked him for the details that he is calling the dept from - he said that he will not be able to give his personal details. I didn’t know that dept name and the job role are his personal information. But may be any thing is possible in TATAs.

Number I got a call from: 91-172 6601101

After insisting on only he said he is from the refund dept and my money will be refunded in 45 days after deducting the bill amount.

45 days -> Tata Indicom didn’t even take 45 seconds to charge me the amount and need 45 days to refund.

About the deduction of my bill from the amount -> I have received a bill of more than 300 rupees which includes all the Internet that I have used ; "I feel like laughing here"

I know there are lot of shameless people in TATA Indicom, directly or indirectly working for them. They read these emails on a regular basis but they never bother to respond.

Please do not call me anymore with all ridiculous reasons. And I am not returning the set until I receive the refund with interest. Yes, you got it right, I am asking for interest now. Or keep the money as a donation. Choose either of the option nothing else.

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 9:55 AM

FYI again.

I am doing it to ensure you all get it.

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 1:33 AM
    To: 'complaint@consumergrievance.com'
    Cc: 'ccadityainternational@tatatel.co.in'; 'samparkatul@hotmail.com'; 'customercare.delhi@tatatel.co.in'
    Importance: High

I know this email chain is too long but I need to bring this to the notice of the consumer forum.

Please suggest a way out here. I have taken this TATA Indicome connection on 20th Jan 2007 and they installed the incorrect phone which does not support Internet. And Internet connection was the only reason for me to get this connection.

I have regularly complained about it and also have done the folloup from my side. There has not been any resolution yet but the promises which were broken on all the occsasions. They are not disconnecting the phone nor they replaced it with the correct model. They did replace the phone after two weeks but again with an incorrect model. I have the copy of the form where the model to be installed was clearly mentioned.

No no one responds to my phone calls. No one answers my phone call now and calling 121 is of no use ever.

Now I have got the bill also from TATA. I have been billed for what I have never been able to use. I have been even charged for the Internet connection which has never worked. And all thse calls that I have made all to TATA people only or to those I asked for help on this matter. So far I don’t know how much money I have spent on calling using my mobile phone and my other phones at home and have spent lot of my work hours. I have the bill and also the copy of the request form which has the type of phone required mentioned.

TATA Phone number: 0120 - 6474498

Please act fast on this. I don’t want their service but want to get rid of the phone now.

Cell: 9999108213

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 12:10 PM
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

Please process my disconnection.

Please act on the above mentioned request. I am not in a position to take it any more. Wish you all a good luck. See you in the Consumer Court.

Everyone in TATA seems to be making promises and breaking it. That’s the culture of the company I think; We poor Indians; I don’t know what to do.

Last Friday I was called by Shweta and was promised a replacement within a week but no luck so far. She also promised that she will keep me informed about the progress. No call so far. Yes, she did send me the cable as promised by her, but she forgot to check if that will work with my laptop. And guess what, it does not work. All these problems are taking place because you did not provide me with the correct model of walky first time.

The reason of going to the court is not mentioned above, its because you all have sent me a bill which also has the bill for my Internet connection. I was told by Kunal, Amit from the shop I got the connection from and many other folks that the bill will only start when I have my internet wotking (and that’s logical too). I am paying for what I have not got. Logically there should not be any bill for the phone usage as well because I got the connection only for the Internet purpose and all the calls made so far are to TATA employees or to related people to get my damn walky replaced with a model which will get my Internet connectivity.

Please have someone come and collect the set from my place and I don’t need my 1100 rupees that I paid for the installation of the device which never worked for me. I will think that I donated some money to ……; I don’t want to name Mr. Ratan Tata, he is one of them whom I respect the most.

If anyone is really reading these emails; please have some one process my disconnection at the earliest.

Atul Singh.
    Ph: 9999108213.

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:11 AM
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

I have some information for TATA's reference:

I called Kunal from the retention team; but he never answered the phone. I tried atleast 5 times on the landline number and same number of time on his cell phone, which he gave me to contact on.
    His numbers are:
    Ph: 011-65556829
    Cell#: 09810148581
    I had spoken to Akash also before from the retention team who first promised that he will replace my set in 24 hours but when didn’t do, he stopped answering my phone and thereafter Kunal got onto my case.

I had also spoken to some one from the team which does the replacements of the phone. He also promised that he is going to replace the set in 24 hours of time.
    His name is Anil and the number he was available on was : 011-66558325

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 5:21 AM
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

Is there any one who can understand my problem ?

People from retention dept as well could not do it. They have already failed thrice to meet their commitment.

Everyone promises to get that done in 24 hours but I think they have been trained to lie to the customers and to make false promises.

Yesterday I thought the miracle happened but when I reached home and checked the set, it was once again the wrong one. This time it is a refurb model (LST 340). But I think what I need is LST 350-T.

Please give up now. And process my disconnection. I have already wasted lot of money and time doing a follow-up on this but have never heard from anyone from TATA. I have always called and asked for the status , no one has called me up yet.

Please process my disconnection.

Atul Singh.

Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:00 AM
    To: Singh, AtulKumar; 'customercare.delhi@tatatel.co.in'
    Cc: 'ccadityainternational@tatatel.co.in'; 'samparkatul@hotmail.com'; 'moneycontrol@cnbc.com'
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

What's the status. Is TATA collecting money to buy Corus. Please clear you intentions.

I requested for the disconnection but even that has not been processed. Money has been taken from me and I am being treated like a person who has lot of debts to return to TATA. Whenever I call 121 I am told that the documentation of the call says that I agreed to continue with the connection. I am not sure if I am living in a democratic country or what ????????????

I am tired now and have decided to continue with the service, this should be good news to TATA as they have even more opportunities to get money out of my pocket. Let me tell you the money I am spending is not earned by forge, I have worked hard to earn them, so please be kind enough to get this replaced. I have at least made 100 calls so far and spent lot of money and valuable time of my company work for. They pay me to work for them but not to come to the office and spend time calling TATA.

I was given a call from TATA two days back and was promised to replace the set within few hours but its been three days now and I am still waiting for that miracle to happen.

Please please replace my set, I will really not forget your kindness.

I pray God to please save people from these kind of services and companies.

Please replace my set, I have gone crazy now. And I know I sounded very unprofessional in my email but responsibility goes to TATA only, anyways please excuse me for all my bad words.

Kind regards,

TATA Landline#: 0120-6474498

Ph: 9999108213

Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 7:36 AM
    To: 'customercare.delhi@tatatel.co.in'; Gowthaman, K
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

Is anyone intersted in addressing this issue ?

Or can someone tell me whats the turn around time for an issue ?

Mean time I have recive few calls from TATA Indicom, asking if the set has been replaced and promising that it will be replaced tomorrow or within few hours. I have received atleast 7 such calls and nothing has been done so far.

Whats the next step for poor Indians now ? Where do we really go ?

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:16 AM
    Subject: RE: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

I incorrectly mentioned the model it is LSP-350T not LPT-350, kindly excuse.

In addition to that I have the complaint numbers:
    60164161 : Made on 20th Jan 2007 regarding the incorrect set - I was told it will replaced in maximum 72 hours but area manager said Tomorrow.

60495753 : Made on 22nd Jan 2007 Spoke to supervisor named, Harjaff and was promised that it will be done within 24 hours and I will be called back else he will accept the request for disconnection.

60500243 : Made on 24th Jan 2007 to disconnect the connection, spoke to Amit Kumar (Supervisor) and he told that connection will be disconnected but no refund will take place.

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:43 AM
    Subject: Frustrated with the TATA Service -- Need my money back ASAP

Hi

I am a new TATA Indicom Walky customer and the number given to me is : 120-6474498. I booked this phone on Friday morning from TATA Indicom shop at Vikas Marg, Delhi. I was attended by a sales executive named Manish Sharma (Cell#: 9212003624).

The only reason to buy a new walky connection was to use it for Internet connection and not anything else at all. I repeat it was going to be used solely for Internet purpose only. I explained my requirement and was offered few plans to choose from. I chose to go with the 180 rupees rental plan for phone and 350 rupess rental for Internet usage. The form I was asked fill had an option of the Model of the Walky set and exceutive told me that the LPT-350 will work with internet and he mentioned that in the pink color form. That means a request was sent to TATA stating that I need a walky for Internet purpose and LPT-350 has to be installed. Let me know if I interpreted it wrong.

By the Friday evening itself phone was installed and was functional too. All that happened in my absence so I could not check the handset for Internet and all. I was really pleased with the quick service then and started looking forward to a great experience. When I happened the see the incorrect model then I called the area manager, installation (Manish - his name was also Manish) but he said this phone is the latest one and a better than the one you mentioned in the form. Then I called Manish (Sals executive) and he also said the same thing. I finally called the 121 number to get my internet installed and that’s when I came to know that the set given to me, which is 400 TL, does not have the Internet feature. I called upset as it was very important to get that done for me and I have been using my mobile phone for Internet which is turning out to be expensive. I called Manish (Sales executive) and informed about the situation and he told me to call the 121 to lodge a complaint and he will also initite the process from his side. I was told by the associate on call that it will be replaced in maximum 72 hours of time, which has not happened till now. I have requested them to cancel my association with TATA and refund the money that I paid. As per then refund is not possible but I may request for the cancelation.

If I was able to explain the situation clear then I fail to understand the reason why money can not be refunded. Is this TATA's business to catch people, take money from them and don’t provide them service at all. I need this addressed on a high priority basis and want my 1144 rupees back. I am sorry to say but I am ready to go to any legal extent to get my 1144 rupees which is peanuts for TATA's and for me it’s a hard earned money.

Please don’t take this as a threat but I am so frustrated about this issue and I am ready to fight even a long lasting legal battle. Is there anyone in TATA who is sensible enough to understand a customer's situation then please call me immediately or rather arrange a refund ASAP. I didn’t know that a very reputed company can go down to this extent to cheat customers. I am not blaming anyone, this is company's job to catch the responsible person and punish. And please don't give the crap that there is no stock, I should have been informed at the first time itself if that was the case. I shouldn’t be told that after a week.

Please act now before it is too late.

Atul Kumar Singh
    Contact#: 9313429855
    Location: Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.

• Da
      1st of Mar, 2007

True, these Tata Indicom people are nothing but bunch of rowdies meant to collect money from us. I also have a walky connect & suddenly it was disconnected without any notice stating the reason that there is an unpaid bill of another connection on same address.

I called up 121 and explained them that on month of December we had requested for mobile disconnection to which no one responded, again on January same request was made. but no action taken. We had stopped using the mobile in December month itself. Again on feb, we wrote to disconnect. again same thing happened & our bill piled up to 1300/- rs. (only the rent) since we were using tata walky, we gave them the amount with no fault of our. The amount was given to one of the DSO agent. Very rude to be precise. Anyway i recommend every one not to opt for Tata Indicom services as it is the worst service in entire world. pathetic. they work only to extract money from us. Why dont they just stand in the line & sell themselves.

• Ga
      27th of Sep, 2007

I want to share a very pathetic experience about tata indicom walky. I took connection few months back. First few months every thing was ok. Everymonth bill was around Rs 600 to 700 but suddenly one month my bill came Rs 3500 . I was shocked to see the call detail . There was call all over the India and each day there were around 200 to 300 nos of calls . ( I am sure tata indicom office people , they themselves made those calls only to increase the bill amount because they get some percentage .) I made written complaint ,telephonic complaint but no response . Above all they started troubling my daughter , my family, my friends . They are nothing but shameless animals . I agree with the above gentleman that they should sell themselves like red light area . I believe all TATA people are like this from top to bottom . My request to all that dont take this connection . They all are "B". love
    Gayatri
    mobile no 9810760076.
    New Delhi .

• Pr
      4th of Oct, 2007

Sir/Ma'am,

I am Prem Prakash Sharma living at Dwarka. I have a compliant regarding about the network problems in TATA WALKY PHONE. I have also tried so many times your customer care number but that number is always busy.

This network problem generally comes around between 5.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. I have missed my lots of urgent calls and that moment I am also unable to make a single call.

Some Details which can help you to reach me

Contact Person Mr. Prem Prakash Sharma

Address A-1, 373(B), Madhu Vihar, Gali No: -3, Uttam Nagar ,
    Dwarka Sec.-03, New Delhi – 110059.

Phone No 65231223 / 9958328164

I hope you will look my complaint seriously and take necessary action.

Thanks,

Prem Prakash

• Pr
      11th of Oct, 2007

I have applied for Tata Indicom Landline connection yesterday. While applying for connection I have told clearly that I want M-22 plan. I want that the billing period should be 20th to 19th every month. (eg: 20/10/2007 to 19/11/2007). This is required necessarily in my case. The same has been confirmed by Mr. Mamandeep on customer care. I have discussed the same with Ms. Priya, Ms. Dimple and her senior on phone. They have suggested to give cheque of 12th so that the instrument gets activated on 20th. And hence I will get the plan of billing period 20th of first month to 19th of next month. This bill is generated on every 22nd of month.

Pls make sure that this condition is met on my connection. In case of any hassels in giving this, pls return my cheque. I will take land line connection of Tata indicom only if I get this billing period.

Date: 11/10/2007
    Preeti Verma
    C-168 , Pocket 7,
    Kendriya Vihar 2,
    Sector 82, Noida
    Phone (o) 24369572
    ( m) 9871987926

11th of Oct, 2007

give me some information of internet connection by tata indicom walky phone and charges or surfing . my contact no 9958904631

• Di
      28th of Nov, 2007
    walky mobilephone - battery
    India

I have been complaining about the batery of the instrument supplied to me but i am not getting the problem solved. The staff of ahmedabad office agtreed that the batery was faulty and i was given assurance that they will change the batery however after complaining for more than three time i did not get the problem solved. To day i tried again but this time i was told that i will have to pay the full price of the new battery. This is not fair and i hope not the policy of such a reputable organisation. However i am very upset by the rudeness of your staff at ahmedabad office as well as anand vidyanagar sales outlet. Now i leave it in your capable hands this whole matter.

thanking you in anticipation of a favourable reply as soon as possible

• Sh
      14th of Jan, 2008

Please sent to My Bill page I email id.

• Va
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I have two tata mobile connection . My name is Vaneet Gupta .
    I have submitted my id proof two in tata dealer shop. But mobile is not activated. How did Tata Company give their mobile and give authority to activate the sim to such a shop . I think Tata company is very poor company that's why everybody get frustrated after taking TATA number.

I think TATA company has to fetch their all the dealer ship from these shops or if they can't do then TATA company should shutdown their mobile company if they had no control .

Address of shop :-

SICE Communication
    Shop no. 13, X-block Market, Sector -12 Near Metro Hospital, Noida -201301 (U.P )

• Va
      2nd of Apr, 2008

My cell no. is 92912914427, and i have one more no. with my name .

If TATA customer can't slove the problem then please stop your business of TATA mobile . Don't make people fool . That's a bull ### company I have ever seen in my life . I have made a biggest mistake of taking tata mobile. They have no control on their shop and dealers .

That's Airtel and Vodafone is above . ...

13th of May, 2008

hi
    i bought a tata walky six months ago now it's not working i am unable to receive and make any call it's under warranty period

• Vi

3rd of Nov, 2008

I have not read teh email... ATUL SINGH uttam nagar

• Ra
      17th of Jul, 2010

i am a student of juet guna MP
    my house in jaipur
    sir
    landline no.01423-685844 not worked properly
    esliye mene ye phone "balaji tata telycom"in chomu(jaipur)(mo=9214306311)ko diya
    15 din ke naam pr aaj 3month ho gye pr phone nhi lota rhe h
    plz plz phone jaldi dilave
    my mo.9669709495