Tarps Plus / Bogus Company Scammers

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I also called tarpsplus before I placed my order to make sure that the tarp would cover my 20' Trophy Bayliner boat. They said that the 20-22' tarp would work fine for me...I questioned them again just to make sure. The reason I called them was because I had called other boat cover manufacturers to find out if the tarp would actually fit my size of boat.
Then I ordered the tarp online, received it and it was 2' too short all the way around (canvas and straps). After being on hold for 20 minutes at a time numerous times, they finally got back on and said that they had NO RECOLLECTION of anyone calling and talking to their staff before buying. The person that gave me the runaround for 3 days was Simeon Alexander. He then put me on to a so-called corporate manager by the name of Scott.
Scott just flatly said that we opened the box and now we are stuck with this product. I said I would talk to Visa and get the charges removed. Scott laughed and said, hey we've done this many times...if you ship it back, we will just refuse it so you won't get your money back. How is that for a company that answers the phone and says, how can I give you outstanding service?
Customer service also told me to take pics and send them to tarpsplus...go figure...now the guy says we are stuck with the cover. Great business sense!
Tarpsplus is an absolute RIPPOFF and should have their license taken away by the chamber of commerce. I'll be writing them today too. This company is nothing but trouble and I would suggest people refrain buying products from them.

Tarps Plus
Tarps Plus

Comments

• Qu
      15th of Jul, 2009

wow, I like to keep my eye on this site simply to get an idea of who I maybe dealing with for any given reason. If the service is as stated thats pretty bad. However in there defense... the product on your boat doesn't look bad. In fact it looks like it fits! I dont have a boat so I dont know why I would go to that company for product ... But maybe you just had a bad experience ... cause if the boat cover is what you wanted it looks good on the photos.

• Bo
      30th of Jul, 2009

I have had dealings with customer service as well, it seems taking pictures and sending them in to them is their standard reply, they could care less if the customer is satisfied as long as they get their money, stay away from them, there are alot more tarp companies out there to deal with, choose one of them

• Va
      8th of Dec, 2009

I ordered 'tarps' (which were indoor painting drop cloths, not a tarp) to be curtains in my gazebo. I hung them and when it got humid, it didn't even rain, they had black mold on them. I called the company and they said that had never happened before...The supervisor wouldn't even talk to me. Customer service said my 30 days were up (they'd only been hung for 15 days). I went thru my credit card company which was a JOKE. I sent pictures but they wanted (after the 90 day time limit) a professional opinion. Where was I going to get a professional tarp opinion? Anyway, the credit card company weaseled out of it and I'm holding the bag on moldy curtains. Don't buy from TarpsPlus