Talbots / beware when ordering online and paying with a debit card at talbots

I would like to share a recent experience I had while shopping online with Talbots and paying with my debit card. My debit card is backed by VISA so it is guaranteed. I purchased an item and also used a $25 rewards discount. The item shipped so I checked by bank account and found that a charge for $57.13, the actual price with the rewards discount, then another charge of $82.13 the price before the discount and then a credit of $57.13. So they debited my account $135.26 for a 57.13 purchase, credited back $57.13 but not the $25 rewards discount. The first call to customer service said that it was the banks fault that they don't have anything to do with it and that the bank likes to get interest off my money. My bank representative laughed when I told him and said call Talbots back, that was not how the bank operated. A second call to Talbots said that is how they process the rewards when you use a debit card. Lesson here is use a major credit card not your debit card or pay cash unless you want unauthorized charges on your bank statement that you have to track. Better yet spend your money elsewhere. I shop on line a lot and have never had this type of issue.

Sh