Swipe Auctions / Unauthorized $159.00 Credit Card Charge

Use caution or avoid Swipe Auctions or Swipe Bid. Not realizing there was a "charge" for "looking and considering" my journey begins to recover my $159.00 that was "Swiped".

Sm

Comments

• Je
      29th of Sep, 2010

Good Morning Smrober,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions. I assure you we do not have a charge for looking and considering, we have a charge for registering as we offer our hourly, daily and monthly (Honda Civic) contests upon completion of registration. As well we do have a disclosure of our membership fee directly above the "Start Bidding" button, please see attachment.

I would be more than happy to provide you a positive resolution in regards to a refund or any other concerns you may have. Please contact me personally at jennifer@swipeauctions.com, please include your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jennifer
    Head of Customer Service

Our Winners: http://www.swipeauctions.com/all_past_winning_auction.php
    Our World Vision Charity: http://www.swipeauctions.com/world_vision_charity.php
    Our Customer Service Page: http://www.swipeauctions.com/contact.php

• Sh
      19th of Oct, 2010

This happened to me too. Swipeauctions charges $159 to my card without properly notifying me. They also added a monthly charge for some other feature, again nothing that I knowingly consented to.

The site is very cluttered and designed to distract you from whatever micro-print notifications they may have there. The business practices of this company is sicking.

STAY AWAY FROM SWIPEAUCTIONS / SWIPEBIDS

• Hi
      30th of Oct, 2010

I don't recall ever seeing that screen when I was registering for the "Privelege" of viewing auctions. I too am now trying to get a refund. I have also registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the FTC. My next step is to contact my bank and report this as fraud.

• Da
      3rd of Nov, 2010

Don't know what you consider "clearly" states. The website does have some small print which is also only a few shades lighter than the blue background on the charge of $159. However, most consumers/bidders are experienced in the "ebay" process. Which as everyone knows records your credit card information and holds it until you make a purchase. Even then it prompts you if you want to use what is on file vs. some other means of payment. I argue that the SwipeAuction knowingly mislead consumers into signing up. Even using marketing schemes saying they were better than ebay. Yet another luring ploy to get consumers to sign up to their website.

11/03/10 FYI - SWIPEAUCTIONS website and business has been shutdown and No One will recieve a REFUND for anything. Call for yourself (866-389-3870)

If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit against SWIPEAUCTIONS please post. I will gladly sign up.

• Tw
      8th of Nov, 2010

I initially posted a complaint about Swipe Auctions, regarding a $159.00 credit card charge. When you put your information into the account regarding how you will pay for your purchases, you need to READ THE TEENY TINY SMALL PRINT that accompanies the "agreement" before clicking 'I agree'. I did indeed get my $159.00 back, however, I called my credit card company the very day I registered to inform them of fraudulent activity on my account. I also emailed Jennifer, as noted on the Swipe customer service instructions. Jennifer stated she had credited back the $159.00 and deactivated my account on the very next business day. I called my credit card company to verify the credit and they informed me that yes, it had been removed. Know before you click...read all the small teeny tiny print, then call your credit card company prior to making any demands of the purported business you're dealing with. It saved me a massive coronary. Good luck to all and stay off sites such as Swipe. You get what you play for...remember that. Nothing's free, or next-to-nothing.