Sunwing Travel Group / resort and flight

Canada

I would like to tell you about my vacation experience that was absolutely horrible. On January 11th my girlfriend and I ventured off to Quardalavaca Cuba. We booked a resort called Club Amigo Atlantico. It is the worst resort I have ever been to. The food was horrible, the premises were very run down, the rooms were bad, no bottled water for drinking, no hot water for showers, there were sand fleas on the beach, and now I have welts all over my legs. The trip home was even worse. We flew from London Ontario to North Bay Ontario, and we could not land because of fog. Why wouldn't the London airport check with North Bay airport about the weather conditions before taking off? We circled the airport for an hour, then went back to Toronto. It was midnight at this time. I thought for sure we would be put up in a hotel room and fly out in the morning, but that was not the case. We had to wait until 1:00 a.m. for a bus to come and drive us 4 hours to North Bay. We were exhausted, could not sleep, the weather was brutal, freezing rain, the bus had only one head light, was sliding around the road, I was afraid for my life actually. We finally arrived in North Bay at 5:00 a.m. We started our journey back to Canada at 10:00 a.m. the previous day and it took us 19 hours to return home. Unacceptable!!! Sunwing gave us a $75.00 voucher when we got on the bus. That compensation is embarrassing. I will never go to Cuba again, or will never fly Sunwing again. We had to pay to upgrade our room in Cuba and we also paid to upgrade our seats on the plane and then had to take a bus home? Unbelievable!!! I am a Bank Manager, my husband is the President of a hockey team, and we know a lot of people. We will be telling everyone about the experience we had. I don't understand why a large airline like Sunwing, could not accommodate tired travelers with a dinner voucher and a hotel room? I booked a flight not a bus ride. We should have arrived home on January 18th, but got home on January 19th. I had to miss an urgent meeting at work, due to my lack of sleep.

Fe