SunTrustBank / closed checking account (what a joke)
In July, I went to Suntrust and cancelled my checking account. The lady helping me, and myself, researched my account to see what outstanding checks and debits had cleared so as to leave enough in the account to avoid NSFs. She gave me my cash and documented that I wished to close my account and the balance was at -0-. I went on my merry way with the belief that the account was closed and I was finished with Suntrust.
A month later I recieved a card in the mail stating that I owe Suntrust $115.00. I called the customer service department and the man I was talking to stated that because there was a small balance of money in the account the account was not closed. My daughter took it upon herself to purchase i-tunes on my account thus bringing me the money to cover it. I informed her the account was closed. Suntrust honored those purchases and charged my account overdrawing it. They charged me two NSFs of 36.00 each.
I went down to the branch and the little snot that helped me was of no help to me at all. She was rude and arrogant. I was so angry that I got up and left. I called customer service and the young lady that helped me said when an account is closed the protocal with any money left over is send the money to the customer in a check. The checking account sat idle for exactly one month. The customer service representative stated that the branch would have to settle this issue. They advised me to call the branch manager which I did. She was just as bad as the woman helping me the first time I went into the branch. I got absolutly NO WHERE with this bank. I have had nothing but trouble with them.
To top it off, my payroll checks were written on Suntrust so I went there to cash them. They charged me $5.00 since I did not have an account with them. Well guess what? I did have an account with them and now they refuse to refund my $5 x however many checks I cashed.
They are not willing to help you with anything and absolutly will not accept blame for ANY OF THEIR MISTAKES. I cannot believe they say to each customer "Thank you for banking with Suntrust. We appreciate your business". What a pathetic joke!!!
Also, I never got my $50 gift card.
More SunTrustBank Complaints & Reviews
- Suntrust - overdraft fees 
- SunTrustBank - unauthorized bank charge! 
- Sunlife Financial Trust Inc - fraudulent lottery winnings 
- Suntrust - not to be trusted - horrible customer service 
- SunTrustBank - uaf / nsf penalties 
- Suntrust Banks - overdraft protection fees
- Suntrust Bank - has all of a sudden decided to place a hold on $2,800.00, then $2,400.00 on x9618.
- Suntrust Banks - handling of accounts and charges
- Suntrust - $36.00 charges and lack of helping to keep the account from being charged excessive charges
- Suntrust Banks - issues with suntrust blocking my online purchases and other purchases