SunTrust Merchant Services / rufusal to return funds

United States Review updated:

I closed my store's merchant account with SunTrust in Sept 2009. When I closed my SunTrust Banking accounts in Dec 2010, I discovered that SunTrust Merchant services had never stopped debiting my business bank account monthly service fees for Merchant Services. I spent many hours on the phone yesterday with SunTrust and its merchant service reps. No one would admit they had my money. In fact, several reps lied to me. Several gave me incorrect info either willfully or out of ignorance. Finally today someone in Merchant Services admitted they had my funds but would only release them to my new bank account number. I refused to give them my new banking info and they now are refusing to return my money via check.
Unfortunately, SunTrust has grown too large to provide good service to even the long term customers.

Comments

• Fe
      21st of May, 2019

My SunTrust Merchant account was closed in June 2016, I received a letter that my funds would be held for 6 months after just in case there was a charge back. Today is May 21, 2019 and I still do not have my money back. First I was told the money was sent to the state of Maryland as uncollected fund, it turned out that was a lie as the state never received the money. Besides my business address and phone number never changed as no one contacted me. I get transferred from person to person and departments to departments and no one has any idea where the money went.