Sunset Resorts / Perpetual deed is a rip-off!
I also have experienced dealing with Resorts International Marketing. After upgrading our membership for the 3rd time to a 2 bedroom suite/Master suite with a perpetual deed at the Royal Sunset, I was talked into paying the the $549 so they could rent out 3 out of our 4 weeks. This started in May 2005. I had contacted them and even had them drop the price from their advertised price of $2399/week to $1999/week.......I even tried to go lower but they wouldn't let that happen??? Needless to say, they have never rented a week for us.
I am really curious about this perpetual deed. I am afraid I would never get near the money that I have put into it. I originally purchased the studio for about $6500 in 1996. By 2001, I had the 2 bedroom suite and $14000 invested....but this was to expire in 2020. So the Royal Sunset said in order not to lose my privileges in 2020, they were offering a perpetual deed...(for life) which could be passed on to children.. I now have $50,000 invested and would just like to know if there is anybody that had purchased this perpetual deed or knows anything else about how the Sunset Group handles this. I can tell you in the contract, the Sunset Group reserves the right to buy your deed back. So, my wife e-mailed them and they said they do not buy them back anymore, we are free to sell to whomever. If anybody is in the same boat or has info please respond.
More Sunset Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Sunset Group - Fraud and dishonesty! 
- Sunset Group Marketing - Terrible company 
- Sunset Group - Scam and fraud! 
- Sunset Group Fishermen's Village - Lose our money and peace of mind! 
- Sunset Group Fishermen's Village - Sunset Fishermans Village Time Share - Rip-Off 
- Sunset Royal Cancun Presentation - timeshare fraud
- Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - pesadilla en sunset group 
- Royal Sunset - Royal sunset timeshare scam 
- Sunset Group - Hacienda tres rios timeshare scam
- Sunset Group - Timeshare Scam