Sunset Group / Hacienda tres rios timeshare scam

1 Mexico Review updated:

My husband and I bought a lifetime membership with Sunset Group Hacienda Tres Rios, they made us many promises, we bought it in 2012 and we already payed it, from the date of purchase to today we never used it, because it is complex and difficult to meet their requirements, so my husband and I decided as promised in the acquisition of the membership that they could help us to sell, which is a lie, then they told us that the sale was particular.
Tired of so many lies and of throwing our money we decided to cancel our membership, another complicated problem, the opposite of when we sold the membership, all were rude and never wanted to attend our calls, we were denied the get the cancellation and even threatened us.
We doubted it was possible to cancel and as a last resource we hire Mexican Timeshare Solutions, it was the solution to our problems, in 6 months we were free and no more maintenance to pay, which was our major concern, we doubt if we did the right thing and if we could be scammed again, but this time we read our contract and saw that everything was legitimate and there was no risk to run. Today we are very happy to have canceled our membership and we decided to post this to see if we help someone sharing our story, don't fall in their traps and fight for your rights.

Ho
Sep 20, 2016

Comments

• Ea
      10th of Dec, 2018

we too have had this company lie to us but they went further and threatened us in 2016 with removing contractual obligations form our original IMO. Told us to upgrade to their REAL ESTATE division and they would not only keep the contract obligations from the first IMO but that we would be investing in the group that we are at the top level in teh resort chain if we did and the value would increase.
    circled for our 4 weeks at the top level a dollar value.
    we purchased because in my PTSD affected mind it was the only thing we could do.
    when we got back in 2018 for one week we were told they wanted to sell us privileges to the Marina (which we already had and which has not been built in the past 4 years)
    they also wanted to combine our 2 contracts into one (which it already is)

Recently we lost $94000 Canadian through a resale scam involving Your New Tennessee and Title Two Investment. what is interesting is that these companies had all of our contact info and contract information. I wonder where they got that from.

In 2018 at the resort we were informed that the previous management for Tres Rios was terminated. I wonder how many contracts they took with them for selling to scum bags involved in scams and theft.
    We just want out. I cannot fly to Mexico due to service dog and will not be able to attend the resort without being locked in my room - which incidentally for a new finished room this year the shower ceiling was covered in Mold.

Trying to find a way to do this with little or no money due to the theft.