Sunoco / forcing for "tip" after installation
I had to replace rear passenger-side tire that was damaged due to pothole. Upon inspection, a gentleman whom I suspect to be a service manager suggested new tire to replace the damaged one and provided an exact quote of for the tire and installation. I authorized the installation of new tire, and the associate installed Fuzion 245/45/R17 tire to replace the damaged one. After I making of a payment, the associate told me that since he omitted the labor charge for my convenience, I must pay him some “tip”. I had to pay additional $ 10 in cash as I knew he would not let me and my car leave otherwise.
I strongly think this is not a right practice to force the customer to make such contribution after installation and payment, which mean the sale is completed. Not only it is not right, but also I am sure this is illegal as such cash transaction is not traceable, what definitely IRS does not want to see.
The amount is small and I care less about it, but it is really disappointing to see such practice at one of Sunoco service location, especially at the one on the major interstate highway of New Jersey. Such practice must be eliminated immediately, and prevented not to ever happen to any customer.
More Sunoco Complaints & Reviews
- Sunoco/a Plus - child working 
- Sunoco - credit card scam? 
- Sunoco - don't evet think about using them 
- Sunoco #7144 - dhl employee is a liar 
- Sunoco - defamation of character, threatening, insulting, rude 
- Sunoco - worker/service
- Sunoco - customer service
- Sunoco - terrible!! we will not back to this gas station again
- Sunoco Gas Station 190 West Street Road Feasterville PA 19053 - gas
- Sunoco - employee melinda tyndal