Sundance Travel / Scam artists!

Sundance Travel Agency - www.sundancetvl.com

I would like to thank Becca from Pennsylvania for clarifying the position of Sundance Travel Agency as the sleaziest scam of travel agencies. As I understand it, if you scam the customer, then the customer is to blame for spending their money foolishly. Very nice!

I was contacted by this company after mindlessly entering a contest to enter a free car at the Blackhawks game. I was then advised that I won a 3 day trip to Orlando or Vegas. Nothing to buy and no time share to purchase. I only needed to give them an hour of my time with my wife (make arrangements for babysitting) and make over $30K/yr...oh yes, and be over 21 yrs of age. Here's the rub. i specifically asked if I was going to be solicited to buy something (b/c I was told I had to pick up my free trip in person). I was told no. Now that I have done the research to see that I will be solicited, I will not be attending. I have noticed that they have called 5 times since we initially agreed to meet with them...and the date scheduled hasn't even arrived yet.

Thank you to everyone for clearing the air. Most of all, thank you to Becca for showing what the company philosophy is really about... screwing the consumer!

Va

More Sundance Travel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

To
  20th of Feb, 2008

I agree with Becca. Sundance Travel mislead me on the phone the same way as Becca was mislead. I chose to claim my tickets and I was asked to sit in on a 20 minute presentation. I thought that it was informative and was impressed with the price of the trips. They neglected to mention the $16000 price tag until the very end. That is when the high pressure tactics began. They moved me from one salesperson to another. Each step was less and less expensive until I was offered their special of the day for persons with great credit. $1,000 and $490/week for 10 trips a year with a yearly $90 maintaince fee. What a scam. I did get my free ticket voucher for two plane tickets to Florida and back with a three night stay in Orlando along with a Red Lobster $15 rebate. Then they tried one last time to say that this great offer is only available today because the better business bureau had restrictive regulations that mandated this.

Ru
  20th of Mar, 2011

But, did you go on the free trip? Was that part a scam? We just sat through the presentation (1hour) and had the same experience moving from representative to representative until the price was really low too. We didn't buy in but did get a voucher for a free trip that we have to register for on line within 60 days to receive. I'm wondering if the free trip is a scam too. Is it worth even registering for ?

Cj
  21st of Feb, 2012

did you get to go on the trip?

Ma
  14th of Nov, 2012

The "free" voucher has hidden fees attached to it. In the end, you will not be getting any real bargain. **** When you receive any phone calls regarding "offers" ask that they send all of the stipulations to you in writing. If a company declines to send information in writing, you can be certain that they are part of the underbelly of society.

Ka
  19th of Aug, 2014

Just for Future Reference the Sundance Travel you are slamming is actually named Sundance Vacations and their website is www.sundancevacations.com/pipasace.html ...The Website you are showing is from Sundance Travel in Phoenix Arizona www.sundancetvl.com which is an Awesome travel agency with a great bunch of Travel Agents who have worked there (most of them for 30 plus years) They know their Stuff!!!