Suddenlink / fraud

I ordered suddenlink internet and phone service and made it very clear that I was about to have a baby and that whatever the service date was going to be, it needed to be reliable so it didn't leave me without a phone when I needed it most. I was assured several times that the internet and phone would be installed on the same day. The installer arrived and made it perfectly clear it had little idea what he was doing being on the job for four days. He knew I expected phone service installed that day by the conversations we had as he installed the cable and decided not to tell me until he asked me to sign verifying installation that the phone would be ten days later. I called customer service and explained the situation and they let me know it's a problem they're having with their agents making promises, especially ones dealing with phone service, that can not possibly be completed. I was told I would receive a phone call and a rush on phone service due to my medical situation. Of course only one phone call came from a jason, telling me that he didn't have any answers but he was sure someone would call me back and fix the situation. No one called for days and the former cell plan I had expired leaving me with no phone at all while waiting for suddenlink. I still have no answers, no phone, but do have a newborn baby in a house with no access to 911. I would never ever recommend. I will be getting phone service via another provider. Funny how that promise to refund my money if not completely satisfied was forgotten too. I am out the installation money, the first month of internet and phone. Someone made their commission and that's all suddenlink seemed to care about.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      24th of Sep, 2008

I'm with Suddenlink, in the corporate office. I probably can't apologize enough for your bad experience. There are no excuses here. In this case, we failed to live up to our commitment to customer service.

I will attempt to email you separately, to make sure we learn from this experience, help prevent similar mistakes in the future, and also make sure we have treated you appropriately in the aftermath.

• Di
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Funny how hard it is to get someone from Suddenlink on the phone to talk to you when every time I read bad reviews online, someone is always there to defend the company. I'm glad you feel that you depend so much upon your image online, because I will be posting this in just about every place I can find.

We have been TRYING to get service for weeks. The first thing that we were promised was that no one would have to come out and install anything. We were told that we could just hook everything up according to the instructions and we would be set. They scheduled for someone to get service turned on for us the next day but said that because of the hurricane, we would likely get service late the next week instead, which was fine with us. WRONG! You shouldn't let people who work for you make empty promises. After waiting until late the next week, still nothing worked. We called and they said that they would send a tech guy out on Friday. They ALSO said that the tech guy would call and let us know what time he would come out. WRONG! The tech guy called from a private number and left me a message to let me know that he was 'on his way.' So I rushed home from work but by the time I got home I already had a note on my door from the guy saying that he came and I was not there. He had left. He left me his name (GREG) and the number to the Nac office, which did me absolutely no good because the number to the Nac office is NOT the number to the Nac office. So I called the number and someone said that they would get someone out the next day. I called later on Friday to confirm and someone else on the phone told me that they did NOT schedule for someone to come out the next day. Instead, they scheduled someone to come out TWO WEEKS LATER. Meanwhile, we get a bill in the mail for service that we aren't even getting and can't even use. TWO WEEKS pass. To be safe, we stay home all day. Afternoon rolls around and still no one has come or called. We call to make sure everything is alright and find out that as of four days prior, our appointment had been cancelled...and NOT by us. Someone in a Suddenlink office (NACOGDOCHES, in case you're interested) cancelled our appointment and didn't even think to let us know. We have both missed out on money that we could have been earning had we not been home all day and at work instead. A guy names CURTIS promised to send someone out today but I'm having a really hard time believing that it's actually going to happen.

Since when is customer service not a priority? Just because you happen to have a monopoly on a service in a certain region does not give you an excuse to treat your customers like they don't matter. Just a few critiques: Your phone message system is terrible. No one wants to stay on the line for THAT long listening to a recording and ultimately getting nowhere. I don't like calling the number listed for the Nacogdoches office and getting someone from the corporate office who has no idea what's going on over here. Also: apparently there is a Nacogdoches office but no tech guys in the city??? That's what we've been told. How are we supposed to expect that someone is going to be able to come out and help us if they're supposed to have to drive here from an hour away? Seriously, I've resorted to writing bad reviews of the service and I don't even have actual service yet. But this seems to be the only way to get things done...unless you're making promises online and not delivering in reality. Wouldn't be much of a surprise, would it?

Looking for Internet or Cable? If you have the option, do yourself a favor and go with someone else. Suddenlink is not worth the trouble and frustration.

• In
      5th of Sep, 2018

@Dissatisfied On 08/21/2018 I made a payment of 173.85 current amount due on 09/01/2018 my service was disconnected for non payment of this same bill and same payment on 09/01/2018 I had to make second payment in cash in amount of 173.85 now suddenlink is wanting third payment in order to restore service in same amount cause they are showing it still has not been paid even though it shows on their end I did same thing was done to my mother she made a payment it showed her payment was made her service was disconnected for non payment of same bill same amount she had to make same payment twice in order to get services restored then she went into office to pay current bill not only was she treated rudly but they tried to make her pay a third time this has happened to multiple individuals my service still has not been restored nor have I been given credit for all the payments even though it shows I paid

• Ra
      4th of Oct, 2008

Suddenlink= Fraud

Suddenlink has continued to bill my account since May 2008 for internet coverage I was not receiving- in an area where Suddenlink doesn’t operate!!!
    November 2007- I was staying at my aunt’s place & signed onto Suddenlink for internet. By February 2008, I was SO FED UP with the TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and slow internet that I told them I wanted them to take me off ASAP! I would no longer require their services. They promised to refund my account for the last month. It is now October 2008. They have yet to give me any refund.
    I had already been taken off the account in February 2008 & moved out by then. In May 2008, my aunt wanted to turn the internet back on at her place in Arkansas. Suddenlink began charging MY credit card account- one that I had stopped using.
    From May – October 2008, Suddenlink has continued to bill me for services I am not receiving. I have been paying for services I am not receiving while living in an area where Suddenlink DOES NOT OPERATE!!! Although I have called Suddenlink, I have not received any form of refund.
    Although my aunt signed back on to Suddenlink’s internet, she received no service whatsoever, while I was being billed for it. She complained continually to Suddenlink. They told her not to worry because she was not being billed. What they didn’t tell her is that I WAS!
    DO NOT USE SUDDENLINK!!! Unless you enjoy having unauthorized charges placed on your account long after you have cancelled services. If anyone has any information on how best to handle the situation (including legal services) please let me know. I WILL be taking legal action.

• Pe
      10th of Oct, 2008

Anyone experiencing trouble, if you'll email me, I would be happy to work with you and appropriate managers to get issues resolved. You can reach me here: pete.abel@suddenlink.com. Thanks.

• Li
      12th of Jun, 2009

Suddenlink lacks of respect for their customers. Their service sucks so bad and their customer service is a bunch of liars. Today (DTV transition day) I got white noises for hours on a Digital TV with digital cable, or at least that's what they told me. They even sent a letter with the bill of July informing us that we were ready for the transition, little we knew that casually the local office had a fuse blown out. We have been with Suddenlink for 2 months now with a bundle of cable, internet and home alarm. No need to say they have failed miserably. The internet is down all the time and they blame our equipment and that we have low signal. We owned the modem, which worked perfectly before getting their service, and still work fine whenever Suddenlink give use service. A funny story... every time we get home the internet is down and we called them after the first few days and told them we weren't paying for the time without service so they started activating the internet after our call. I guess by now they know what time we get home and by the time the computer is on we have internet. After all the things we have been through with this move, we had to deal with Suddenlink and their techs with no idea of what they are doing. Did I mention that in these two months they have come out several times to my house to "fix" the connections? Yes, they have come to resolve the problems leaving us with more problems including a line they decided to put on my backyard with no reason at all.
    Overall in these two months, we can say this is not a healthy relationship for two working people that need internet to work and keep with emergency calls. Their service is unreliable and it really leaves you with bad aftertaste. I am looking for other provider even if it has to be Embark or Satellite. We can't handle this anymore. So if you are looking for internet/cable provider on Kingwood, TX, please stay away of Suddenlink. Otherwise, your service will experience the meaning of the word sudden on your internet service. sudden = "coming unexpectedly" just like Suddenlink :) You never expect is working even thou you pay for it every month in advance!

• Su
      17th of Jun, 2009

Hi Limegirl. I am with Suddenlink. It sounds like you are having service issues. I would be happy to work with you and the Managers in Kingwood to resolve your issues. Please email me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

• Xa
      19th of May, 2010

Why would a suddenlink employee need to type out thier email address? I smell fraud.

• Wi
      5th of Oct, 2011

suddenlink in okmulgee suck.they lie to you.i am not happy . yes they will tell you that thier going to make this right and they don't. thier tecs who come to your house to install your cabel can cut you down. what the hell kida of company is this???

• Ms
      12th of Oct, 2011

I have been billed for two months worth of service that I have not received due to an suddenlink technician that did not and could not properly install services properly and advised me he would have to come back because due to the Louisiana heat he was not allowed in the attic after a certain time in the morning. However dispatch never rescheduled per the techs request. I called and.complained several times and asked for a proarated bill they denied me and I am still being billed for services and equipment I am not receiving.

• Su
      17th of Oct, 2011

Wildthing, and msholmes, my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. I'd be happy to help in any way. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

• Lo
      21st of Sep, 2016

i have been trying for close to a year to get our internet and cable fixed we cant hardly ever get internet our cable goes out all the time they say it needs larger cable and say they, ll be here to do it but never come they were suppose to do it last week didnt show up said tec didnt put order in suppose to haqve been here today between 8 and 12 no show called office said no order again plus the guy i talked with first was very rude i ask to talk with superviser he said they no longer have them he was as high up as i could go when i ordered my service i ask about having tbn ans sbn christian network with package i ordered well they lied you have a lazy bunch working for you plus fraud for lying about channels your suppose to get

• Ju
      23rd of May, 2017

We used Suddenlink while building our house in Elm Grove, LA. The temporary service cord running across my porch and in my window worked just fine for about a year, however, when we called to have it connected from the pole to the house something went wrong. Two different tech's came out, one to run the service to the house and one went up the pole. They explained Suddenlink needed to change something at top of pole, we had two broke prongs he said, so he "FIXED" it ~ well I'm not sure his definition of fixed because the service no longer works and they can not give us a reason why. Yet they still want payment... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They will not answer their phone unless you fool them and call for service.. haha but it wont matter because they too can not help with the problem! The service department will only run you in circles and refuse to fix the problem! Now I have Dish and my service still sucks! I'm not sure what he did to the pole but NO ONE will come out and fix his mess...

WE ARE GETTING MESSAGES LIKE THIS NOW: This IP has been automatically blocked.
    If you have questions, please email: blocks-b1495399675237169@craigslist.org

WHY would we be getting blocked by sites my husband has visited for years?
    We can only access craigslist and other sites if we disconnects from WIFI and use AT&T data only
    WHY would my printer change IP address on me (during my finals online classes) and lock me out of my own printer?
    WHY wont SUDDENLINK CARE ABOUT FRAUD WITHIN THEIR OWN COMPANY?

I can only assume because NO ONE CARES to listen much less come reverse whatever he "FIXED"