Straight Talkcanceling my service and loosing my business cell number

Je Jan 22, 2015 Miami FL 33178 Review updated:

My cell number is my business number. My problems began with BYOP program. I was given an Samsung Gs3 on the Verizon network. I purchased the activation kit from Walmart. That included 30 days of voice, text, data and sim card. $ 60.00. Found out from Straight talk that the activation kit did not have a Verizon sim card. So they had to send me a sim card. Got the sim card in the mail and it didn't work. So they sent me another sim card. (Time wise about 3 weeks total) Tried to activate the nest sim card with customer service. The Rep. set the phone up with a new number. NOTE: A number I didn't want or needed. Before the Rep. got off the phone. I tried to get him to change the number back to my original number. He told me, that it would take an hour or so to change over. Ended call. Couple hours later, no change to my original number. Called back and got told it was changed over again. No Luck ! A couple of days past and I attempted to get the number changed. Finally, they got me to a advanced technical support rep. He got the number changed to my original number. All is ok. But, in the middle of all of this. I was asked to add more minutes. So I did so. The problem of adding the minutes was it went to the wrong number. Not to my original number. A number I was not using, but it is still on my account. Last week, I called ( Approximately Jan. 15, 2015) knowing my original phone end date was 1/21/2015. I wanted to have the minutes transfer to my original number. The Rep. said she changed the minutes to my original number. So, I assumed all was ok. Well, yesterday ( 1/21/2015) my phone went dead. Same day, called from another phone and tried to get my phone reactivated. Not only could I not get my phone reactivated. Customer service said they couldn't locate my number and the number belong to Verizon wireless and it couldn't be retrieved. Traveled to a Verizon store and asked about the number. I was told that the number belonged to Straight talk and no one company has proprietary over numbers anymore. So someone is lying. Bottom line, is why cancel my number. I thought cell phone companies had to hold the number for a certain amount of days or even months. They still owe me cash for my unused minutes. Today, I transferred to Verizon and set up an account. But, still don't have my original number. I have a Work van with large cell phone numbers all over it. Brochures, letter head, work shirts, jackets and business cards with my original number. It will cost me a lot of money and not only loss of business. This has to be the sorriest company in america. Next to ATT. Another sorry company to deal with.

Comments

• Rw
    Straight Talk - Loosing Cell service Time
    Straight Talk
    80 Applegate Dr
    Bennington VT

I pay every month on my cell service with Straight talk and when I make calls later on my service is disconnected..I loose over 1 to almost 1 1/2 weeks of service because the way they have it set up..They have my payments going into the same month I had already paid for My Service..They always told me they would straighten it out and its stays the same..I paied alot of money for my Galaxy S2, , 375.00..This is how I get treated with them..I will be getting rid of my service with them and letting everyone know will rip people off..

Jun 03, 2016

I am not sure if you understand my question..My service start on the 5th and because of 30 days it goes back into the month I pay and they say I use 30 days worth..My phone was shut off last month and they say I used my 30 days on the 2nd of this month and following month my service will end on the 29th of the month..I never had any problems like this with any service I had before..

Jun 03, 2016

I was in contact with them and not a bit of help and they told me I had to do it their way or nothing..