Stormy Point Village / Lies and fraud

1 Branson, MO, United States Review updated:

Lied to us when we bought. Set our maintenance fee for every three years as we knew we wouldn't be able to use it for a few years. Bought in 2011 and paid fee in 2014. When we called about getting a refund the referred us to trading places and said they took care of it. Were told we had to make a reservation at least 10 months ahead, then tell them we wouldn't us it. Then we would have had to fill out an application to get our money back. . This is not how it was explained when we bought. They also lied about how many times you could use it. Made everything sound great, bunch of bull. Now i want to sell it, which they said they would do for us, but no one will contact us.

Lj
Oct 13, 2014

Comments

• Jk
      13th of Oct, 2014

The complaint is not very coherent but I decided to Google this one to find out what this is all about.

YIKES! Stay away! Far away! BBB had something like 32 PAGES of complaints regarding how these people were everything less than downright physically cajoled into signing the papers. You just have to see this. Google it with the word "complaints." I've never seen anything like it.

Time shares as a rule of thumb are a no-no. If you can't afford to buy something lock stock and barrel, you'll just have to live without it until you can. It's a fact of life.

• Ba
      11th of Feb, 2015

Same thing happened here

• Co
      21st of Jan, 2019

I purchased a 3 BR Cottage in 2016 after being pressured for hours. I was constantly lied to about the number of times per year this could be used. One of my adult daughters was with me and was even so excited by the fact we were told all of my children could take multiple vacations, that she text her sisters and brother of this so called fact. After hours of being misled, bullied and outright lied to I believed these facts and purchased this timeshare. Afterwards, when I went to make my Reservations, I found out this was only for the Odd years! Yet I have been billed for Maintenance fees every year and now am forced to pay for other fees. I'm still paying monthly for this Timeshare!!