Stearns & Foster / Defective mattress

Fayetteville, NC, United States Review updated:

From June through October I have tried to get Stearns and Foster to honor their mattress warranty. After 5 months of use the pillow top material has shifted toward the center of the mattress resulting in "crowning" (Stearns and Foster words). The effect is that you feel like your laying on an incline and rolling out of the bed. S&F suggested that we lay in the center of the bed when reading or watching TV (we do neither of these). In effect this response by S&F is an admission that there is a problem with the mattress but this defect is not something they choose to acknowledge under their warranty. The mattress has since been discarded and replaced with another brand.
Va

Comments

Br
  9th of Oct, 2008
I have the pillow top Stearns & Foster queen size mattress with the very same issues. So far I can't get the company rep to even call me. I spoke with the furniture company that sold me the mattress 3 times to no avail. Everything I have found on the internet regarding Stearns & Foster is not very favorable both in quality and service. 3K is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't last three years. BBB is our next step to try and solve this problem.
Ma
  2nd of Jun, 2009
Do not buy a sternes and foster mattress. I have had the same problemsof sagging and received no help from the company. A 10 year warrenty is a tool to get you to purchase. I wonder what the return rate is vs. their replacement rate?

Stearns & Foster Logo Stearns & Foster
Overall Satisfaction Rating

35 Reviews
One Office Parkway at Sealy Dr.
Trinity