Steampowered.com / They do not stand by their products
Not only do they require you to install and program giving them access to your computer, they also do not stand by their products. I purchased a product from Steam, and there were numerous bugs in the software that rendered the program unusable. After more than a month of arguing with a customer service team that didn't actually respond appropriately to the questions I asked, they continually refused a refund based on the fact that "they do not offer refunds even if the software does not function as specified at the time of purchase."
DO NO PURCHASE FROM STEAM. There are many other vendors that do not require you to download a privacy invading program that consumes computer resources and mines data, and sell the SAME software at SAME OR BETTER prices. Oh, and I have never had any issues with any other software vendor that denies refunds when they ADMITTEDLY SELL YOU A FAULTY PRODUCT.
More Steampowered.com Complaints & Reviews
- steamgames.com - Credit card fraud 
- Valve - Steam bugs/poor suppport 
- Valve Software - Unauthorized charges 
- Valve/Steam - Ripped off for Team Fortress 2 
- steamgames.com - Bad experience
- Valve - Steam Currency Change Into DH Is Unbalanced
- Steam Powered/Valve - Blocked account due to Paypal issues
- Valve Steam - Allies with Hackers
- Valve - Steam
- steamgames.com - Impossible to get any replies from the support team