Steampowered.com / They do not stand by their products

United States Review updated:

Not only do they require you to install and program giving them access to your computer, they also do not stand by their products. I purchased a product from Steam, and there were numerous bugs in the software that rendered the program unusable. After more than a month of arguing with a customer service team that didn't actually respond appropriately to the questions I asked, they continually refused a refund based on the fact that "they do not offer refunds even if the software does not function as specified at the time of purchase."

DO NO PURCHASE FROM STEAM. There are many other vendors that do not require you to download a privacy invading program that consumes computer resources and mines data, and sell the SAME software at SAME OR BETTER prices. Oh, and I have never had any issues with any other software vendor that denies refunds when they ADMITTEDLY SELL YOU A FAULTY PRODUCT.

Ko

Comments

• Go
      16th of Jul, 2012

I bought what appeared to be a simple video game called Sniper Ghost Warrior at Walmart for about $15. After I thought it was installed, the only application available was "Steam." It is the online agreement. After going through several pages of user agreement, I began to see the catch. I've been through simular scams. Just create and account, give us your credit card numbers (so we can automatically bill you anytime), and give us complete access to your computer. And, of course the game CD cannot be returned if you opened it. So, I lost $15 to these pickpockets. That will be all they get from me. This scam should be in the news. Everyone should be warned about this method of theft. I'll just stick to Windows Solitaire. Games have become a scam.

• Ra
      17th of Nov, 2012

I totally agree, I lost double the amount. I wrote to them and they advised they do not offer refunds or exchanges. The company is a pure rip off.

• La
      21st of Jan, 2013
    Steampowered.com - It is a complete rip-off
    Steampowered.com
    steampowered.com

I have also been sucked-in by Steam, after purchasing software for Doom 3. Having successfully installed the disc and access the website account, I still cannot get the game to operate, and there is no assistance whatsoever from admin or technical support, despite my inquiries. It is a complete rip-off.