Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / customer service

Akron, OH, United States

My dad and I ate at your Akron (Howe Ave) location last night. I had heard about your new Prime burger and was really looking forward to trying it. We ordered and waited a very long time for our food. I ordered my Prime plain and my dad showed our server, Connie a coupon and said that was what he wanted. When the food came I could see a tomato underneath my burger. That is ok to pick off, except I could see condiments there too. I asked our server for a new bottom bun so as to save time versus getting a new burger. She promptly brought that out and apologized. After she left and I started eating I realized there were more condiments on top of the burger too. I waited about 5 minutes hoping she would be back and finally ran after her when she was at a nearby table. I told her if it was going to take as long as it did the first time to get a replacement to forget it. She said it wouldn't. It didn't take too long. The burger certainly wasn't anything special, but I ate it. At the register when we were paying (Connie was ringing up my dad) his coupon wouldn't take. With some help from the manager it was determined that we couldn't use the coupon because it wasn't the same as what my dad ordered. As I said, my dad showed Connie the coupon to show what he wanted to order. She wrote it down wrong evidently. The did finally give us the coupon after she started getting smart with us. I just wanted to let you know why we won't be returning.

Ky