Startec Global Communications / Cheating

PO Box 1287, TOronto, ON, M4P3E5, Toronto, ON, CA Review updated:
Phone: 18778821111

They cheated me when giving connection. I was told 11.95% discount per phone registered in the house, so in total I will get around 48% discount.

I registered and did not use the connection because I found out through customer service that the discount amount told is not correct.

I have been receiving bills without using the service despite getting the service disconnected 3 times and without ever making a call.

I have no idea how to get rid of this company. This is a big problem for me.

My account number is [protected]. The company has no control over their processes or this is intentional to generate revenue.

Comments

• Mo
      Jul 06, 2010

I am having a similar issue. The company has downright HARASSED me with their POOR customer service reps. This was over a billing charge.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Na
      Aug 16, 2011

This company belongs to a bunch of thieves and pirates. They change your plan without any notifications and rip you off. They charged me 7$ extra fee for a total of 4 $ long distance call. When I inquired about the reason, they told me they have changed my plan to a minimum 10$ which means they charge me 10$ either I call or not. Aren't they THIEVES? They even don’t know 4+7 is 11$ not 10$!
    The costumer service was a ### with a brain capacity of a turtle ca-ca, repeating the options without listening to me. A robot speaks better than that ###! Besides you have to wait for at least 20 min to get to speak with one of those ### headed customer service reps.

• Va
      Sep 22, 2013

I don't know how this company is surviving; so far all has been negative reviews. I, for one, am very frustrated with them for several months now. They keep telling me the problem will be fixed today and someone will call me, but of course the problem remains unresolved and nobody calls me. I beg the the customer person/machine to give a plausible answer. If the problem needs time to be resolved then just tell me so. The customer service is the worst I've ever seen. When they can't give a helpful answer, they get annoyed with the customer and rude.