Starbucks / sanitation

1 25th and MainVancouver, WA, United States Review updated:

I was sitting with my husband drinking our frapuccinos, one of the workers (she was wearing a Starbucks apron ) was sitting at a table with her husband and baby. After making sure she and her husband had plenty of goodies to drink, on the house I presume, she proceeded to change the baby's diaper on the counter. I and another customer sitting next to me stared in disbelief. After spending more time at the table with her husband she went back behind the counter. I watched her to see if there would be some hand washing. Nope. Is this a daily occurence? The other employees did not seem to mind. This employee was definitely not pulling her load in addition to putting the store in jeopardy with the health department which I am planning to notify.

Comments

• Ph
      20th of Jun, 2009

That is disgusting. I hope the health inspectors follow up with a hefty fine.
    I wouldn't be going to that place ever again!

• De
      9th of Apr, 2010

You need to call 1800STARBUC whenever you see something like this happen. This is an embarrassment and an outrage to partners that work HARD to work by our Starbucks standards, and be the best at what we do. That shift supervisor needs to be retrained or replaced. But aside from that - only partners on the clock for a shift can have complimentary beverages. So HER drink would have been the only free one. Second, she should not have been "in apron" while on her break. Aprons carry germs too and if the things you SAW her do made you sick, imagine what you didn't see (restroom, namely).

And the whole diaper issue doesn't even bear mentioning. That's disgusting. Flat out.