Starbucksmanagement

I just walked out on a shift. I have worked for starbucks since september after getting laid off of my tech virtual work job. I thought starbucks would be fun. I train well and was offered to be higher on as a shift manager. I declined, it was during busy holiday times and didnt want to step on any toes of former employees. The management and I agreed that come january I would start my training.

I am a fast learner and was being told that I was excelling and doing great for the first few months, then out of no-where my manager (brandee) comes to me and says I need to come out of my shell, stop being depressed and that everyone here thinks you hate it here. I work with only two people each week and get along great with them. They have told me im doing great and exceeding expectations so to hear brandee tell me this was very upsetting. I got the rest of my shift covered for the evening and approved by brandee because I was no feeling well and was now very frustrated at the huge sharp turn of direction. The next day I come into work and am ridiculed on how horrible the closing shift did the night before because the lack of knowledge of the person that came into cover for me. They wanted an apology. One was not given. Each employee should know how to do each job and if a manager approves an employee to cover that shift for me should have known better. Fast forward 4 weeks later. I have made an effort to smile and greet customers (more so than the shifts) and have even developed relation ships with our customers. I have sold promotional items well and always go the extra step to satisfy each guests visit. Again today as I came in im told that I intimidated a young partner (who I never work with) at the register to give me a fee drink. All I did was ask if the drink was free because I was working that day. She said nothing and rang me up but then followed up with the manager who came down on me to do the right thing and again said the 90% of the store (I work with only 2 mind you) said I am miserable and unhappy and don't want to be here. My manager asked me to explaing whats going on in my private life so I told her about my wife upcoming breasts cancer exam that we are worried about, and legal charges that have just been dropped due to no criminal evidence available.

I feel very violated and upset that the one place I could go and stay busy and connect with people (all while do the job correctly) would dare to tell me that I don't want to work there let alone provide me with examples or names of people who have said these things. I have been in customer service for 5+ years and have never seen such a horribly run management communications disaster. They even went onto my facebook page to scan me out and look for negative things about me. This is too crazy.

As being in upper management in other customer service industries before I would highly advise the removal of the current management at this location. Employees have often come fourth with knowledge that they have had to deal with some off the same stuff I have had to.

This lead to my decision to walk out of the store. If I am seen as some one who does not want to be there than guess what? I dont!

Cole crook
2051109

Co
Jan 26, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 26, 2015

IF you have been in upper management positions in other industries, why in heaven's name did you settle for working in what is basically a fast food place. Just because other employees have complained to you about how the manager treats them, doesn't necessarily mean they actually get treated that way. They could just be complaining about the job, like a lot of people do and like you are doing. There must be something in your personality that didn't work with the rest of the employees and management. You sound like you might think you are better than others.

Jan 26, 2015

It seems like you were the one that was causing problems and claiming everyone else was. You are pretty much of a hypocrite, you complain about the other managers asking you about your personal life yet you demand to know who made complaints about you. That is none of your concern, You want your privacy protected but don't care if you violate the privacy of other people.

Jan 26, 2015

Why do you want to know who reported you when you have an issue providing private information.

Jan 26, 2015

Also the problem seems to be you not everyone else.

• Ay
      Feb 02, 2015

It sounds like you were treated very unfairly. I am a former Starbucks employee of 7 years, and I know from experience that sometimes an employee doesn't win the juvenile hangout/popularity contest and so they try to get rid of them. Seeing how you did nothing wrong they use the tactic of making you so miserable that you quit. I am sorry this happened to you.
    It also sounds like the store is under poor management. Maybe you were sullen at work once or twice, everyone is, we are all human. Sometimes our grandmother dies, etc, etc.
    I will have you know as a current customer I would much rather have a sad barista make my drink CORRECTLY and with KNOWLKEDGE of how to treat espresso than a happy go lucky college kid with no knowledge of coffee handing me a $5 cup of garbage tasting liquid in a cup. I have worked with several of these types, they even flat out tell you they hate coffee and never drink it...what?! Coffee is an ART!

Feb 02, 2015

The person who wrote this was not treated unfairly. The child writing this complaint needs to learn that they cannot just take a break whenever they feel like it. The management makes a schedule and if everyone felt like going on a break when they felt like it who would be there to help the customers. If the issue is she is hungry she should have had mommy prepare her breakfast, or lunch before she started working. I am sure in school if she is hungry she cannot just eat whenever she feels like it, she has to wait until recess or lunch. Same thing at work.

Feb 02, 2015

Oh never mind, wrong complaint, anyways notice how this child has an issue with everyone? I stand by when I called her a hypocrite, why does she want to know who reported her that is none of her business, yet she thinks her privacy should be respected. It works both ways. If she wants her privacy respected then she had no right acting like a child and demanding to know who reported her for not liking her job.