Staples Technical Support / repair rip-off

1 500 Staples DriveFramingham, MA, United States
Phone: 508-253-5000

Hired Staples Tech Support to bring my computer back to factory settings, using a USB Device that Dell Computers sent me, as my Disc Defrag was not working automatically. Staples told me I needed Sophos Virus Protection. The work was done, but I still had problems with Disc Defrag, so went back to Staples to get the Sophos removed, and was told it could not be removed once it was installed. I then called Sophos and was told this was not true, so went back to Staples where I was harassed by the General Manager Ken, and Technical Support Supervisor Joe. I not only wasted my time and money, but continued to get excuses that Disc Defrag did not need to work automatically, etc. The repairs cost me $331.68. I finally got Sophos removed and a refund, but it was not done correctly, so I had to call Sophos to do it right! I also had to call Verizon, Dell, Microsoft, and Cannon to make adjustments, as other things were not set up right also. Meanwhile, my Disc Defrag is still not working, so I feel like I was "ripped off" and contacted the Better Business Bureau as a result! That is pending.

Ei