Stanley Steemer / Poor Quality; Excessive Charge

1 14510 Lee Road, Fairfax, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-266-2160

Crew of two set a record for finishing the job in the shortest time possible. They removed the dirt and injected a massive amount of soap into the carpet. Carpet began to show dirt again within a month and was filthy within six months. Granted it was a white carpet, but it was in an upstairs bedroom not subject to tracked in dirt from the street. Rented a cleaning machine and spent two hours removing soap from the carpet in a small bedroom.

Their pricing scheme is heads they win, tails the customer loses. You pay by the room, unless the room is greater than a certain size, when they charge you for a second room. Their technicians use strong arm sales techniques to upsell protection and other chemicals to you before they start cleaning.

Goes almost without saying that this is the last time I will use them. Recommend avoid them and their services, as they do not live up to their advertising and actually do more harm than good.

Comments

• Ag
      16th of May, 2010

we had a bad experience with stanley steamer also. They came to extract water from a flood. didn't come for 2 days after our appt. Charged me 1800$ for 300 sq. ft. Then came back 3 days later and tried to charge me 1200$ more for equiptment rental. I didn't make the same mistake twice and did not pay that part.
    My room still smells of mildew. I got scammed.

17th of May, 2011
    Stanley Steemer - customer service
    Stanley Steemer
    Corporate Cove
    Bartlett
    Tennessee

I had an appt. between 11 & 1 and this carpet cleaning company did not show up until after 3 oclock. They then proceeded to add on charges of $25.00 per room and an additional $150.00 charge to clean their equipment. I have never heard of the consumer paying to clean a carpet companies equipment.

• Dr
      18th of Apr, 2015

Not all of them are like that. I had a great experience. They even went over 2 of the rooms just because I mentioned they weren't wet looking. I use Stanley steemer twice a year and it's very helpful. My carpets have lasted me 23 years. :)