Standard Bank / thanks for nothing standard bank

1 United States

Last week I arranged for a bank check from a ABSA investment to be made out in my name. No problem. They issued it immediatly. I needed it for a very important transation over the weekend. I needed to deposit it in my Standard cheque account. Saterday morning I went to the Standard Bank Branch in Northcliff Cresta. I wanted to deposit the cheque but was told by the cassier it would take 5 business days to clear. Very long story short. Another option was to cash a Standard Bank investment. I landed up with Mr Loonat. Who simply just said that I can't get any money immediatly no matter what I do. I asked him why I had to wait 5 days for a bank cheque from me to me to clear. His answer was it all depends on your relationship with the bank! Well Mr Loonat, with an attitue like that I want no relationship with Standard Bank. Thank you very much. I landed up cashing the ABSA at ASBA cheque and with thousands of Rand in cash had to walk on Beyers Naude between ABSA and Standard to get the money into my account. I want to move the last sent I have atleast away from the Northcliff branch and Mr Loonat and accually from Standard bank.

Le