Stamps.com / Charging me for something I never used
I went online to see for the trial offer and called and cancelled. The next thing I know I received a CD in the mail. I never looked at the CD I just through it in the garbage. I then received a notice that my cc was declined (prepaid) and I needed to update the records. I called immediately and spoke with a representative and told her that I never used the CD and that I had called and cancelled before the trial date was up. She told me that I was responsible for paying the $35.98 because they had sent me a CD and other material. I explpained to her that I never even looked at it I just threw it away. She still continued to tell me I owed the money. I sent an email to cancel and explain what had happened and they sent me an email back stating that I still owed the money. I received a bill from them for $35.98 again I sent a written statement explaining what happened. I received a second notice today in reference to paying this amount. I refuse to pay this company. I'm in the process of seeing what my legal rights are for this situation. If I find out some information I will post. If someone else has had this problem and can give me advice I would appreciate it. Luckily I the prepaid card expired right after this happened or I'm sure they would have sent it back through by now.
More Stamps.com Complaints & Reviews
- Stamps.com - Don't waste your money! 
- Stamps.com - rip off 
- SCI*Stamps.com - fraud 
- Stamps.com - Stamps.com is a huge scam! 
- Stamps.com - Awful experience 
- Stamps.com - unauthorized credit card charges, difficult to cancel the service 
- Stamps.com - Not Reliable!
- Stamps.com - Cannot cancel Stamps.com 
- Stamps.com - let's start a class-action lawsuit against this company 
- Stamps.com - Fraudulent and deceptive