Stamps.com / Charging me for something I never used

1 P O Box 120398Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I went online to see for the trial offer and called and cancelled. The next thing I know I received a CD in the mail. I never looked at the CD I just through it in the garbage. I then received a notice that my cc was declined (prepaid) and I needed to update the records. I called immediately and spoke with a representative and told her that I never used the CD and that I had called and cancelled before the trial date was up. She told me that I was responsible for paying the $35.98 because they had sent me a CD and other material. I explpained to her that I never even looked at it I just threw it away. She still continued to tell me I owed the money. I sent an email to cancel and explain what had happened and they sent me an email back stating that I still owed the money. I received a bill from them for $35.98 again I sent a written statement explaining what happened. I received a second notice today in reference to paying this amount. I refuse to pay this company. I'm in the process of seeing what my legal rights are for this situation. If I find out some information I will post. If someone else has had this problem and can give me advice I would appreciate it. Luckily I the prepaid card expired right after this happened or I'm sure they would have sent it back through by now.

Comments

18th of Dec, 2015

Same thing here but they continue to add on to the bill every month and I don't even know what the they do. They need to be shutdown for fraud.