Sprint PCS Customer Service / bottom service!

I recently changed banks. As such, I need to change my automatic payment from one checking account to another. For nearly two weeks, I have tried to make the change through the Web site, which, each time I tried, told me the "Service is currently not available. Please try again later." Well, since my next payment is due next Friday, I felt the change needed to be made ASAP. So, I called customer service yesterday. My first call was cut off. My second call was cut off. My third call resulted in my being transferred to four different people, with the final one telling me "You can only do that online." No matter how many times I tried to explain to him that I can't do it online because it didn't work, that was the only answer he gave, presumably, due to the heavy Indian accent, it was the only English he knew.

So, I went to my local Sprint store. They gave me a red phone and told me to call customer service. I resisted killing the store employees with the phone, and tried again. I got a customer service representative this time who, at least, spoke English, but was no more help. She had no idea what I was trying to do. She did open a case for me and give me a case number. At this point, I told her all I wanted to do was completely cancel automatic payment, and mail a check. I was then told that once you create automatic payment, you can never cancel it, only change it from one bank to another. What?!?!? Then Why is that also a non-functioning option on the Web site?

So I came home, e-mailed customer service detailing my problem, and received this response:

Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I understand your concern regarding the automatic payment option.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I can assure you that the difficulty you faced while contacting us was not intentional.

You have been a valued member of the Sprint family for quite some time. It has been a privilege to serve a valued customer like you. So, we will never intentionally have you face any inconvenience.

However, as you have mentioned that the specialist was rude, I do apologize for that. I am sure you will agree that exceptions are always there. I have forwarded your feedback to the concerned department.

We appreciate feedback from all our customers. If the feedback is from a valued customer like you, we certainly take action.

So, I can assure you that we will look into this matter and take the neccessary action.

Now, lets assist you in modifying the checking account information.

To do so, I request you to follow the given steps:

1. Log on to http://www.sprint.com, select My PCS Wireless in the Manage accounts drop down.
2. Enter your PCS Phone Number and password and click "Log In".
3. Click on the "Pay Now" [upper right section] under the "Payment Due" section.
4. Click on Modify check payment' under 'Automatic Payment'. This is reflected under 'Payment Options'.

On the next page, you would be required to enter your checking account information.

So, following these steps, you would be able to change the bank information easily.

I would also like to request you to feel free to us if you have any questions in future. We are always here for a valued customer like you.

Thank you for writing to us. It was my pleasure to serve you. Have a great day.

Ragin B.
Business E-Care
Sprint together with Nextel
"Where our customers come first!"

Notice that his solution to my problem is MY PROBLEM. The Web site doesn't work! Where our customers come first, my ###. Apparently, Sprint customer service reps are not only rude and incompetent, they are also illiterate.

Today, I am going to Verizon and change services. I noticed Verizon customer service was very highly rated by Consumer Reports, whereas Sprint's was at the bottom. Now, I know from first-hand experience, why. Of course, I imagine I will wind up in court before I'm able to force Sprint to cancel my service.

Steven

Comments

• 81
      9th of Jun, 2008

without me cancelling their contract sprint when ahead and cancelled it without me authorizing it and charge a disactivation ffee

• Be
      17th of Jul, 2008

I am a customer Service agent and you aint seen nothin. i work for teletech in guadalajara. teletech is a global company. Sprint/nextel outsouced a lot of their jobs overseas to save money...funnything is, the way we´re trained out here is so ambigous that when we are out on the floor taking customer calls on everything from problems with the phone to changes in service, and yes, of course billing issues, and i might add, we have questions on how to handle customer issues, we are always in jeopardy of doing it wrong. Only when our sales for new price plans, extensions on contract or new phones go up do we get help here by our superiors who have the knowledge of truly helping customers out. those who don't sell well are always being told that their "customer's issue resolution" is poor, and you may loose your job. The thing is, customers aren´t the respondants on customer resolution, but the "deported homies" from the usa-who speak english realwell- they are the actuall determining quality agents...the ones who have been patted on the back for ..uh hmmm.. extending customers contracts, mostly without customers knowledge cuz all they were doing was adding on a service, and selling pones that are suppose to be compatible with Sprint services and price plans.Yup this aint a joke. i see this everyday.Except my day off of course. Things should be done right. Plus i shouldn't loose my job for knowing how all this affects you all, and crying FOUL hear.

• Sc
      24th of Dec, 2008

I have a horrible story to tell, probably will top Steven's with regards to Sprint..

Sprint PCS Case#: C2120394. BBB case# 99231891.

On August 31st, 2008 Sprint customer rep offered me a $150 creadit towards my account plus $150/phone (I have 3 phones) towards each new phones if I renewal a 2 year contract with them. I explained to the customer rep that all three of my phones are working fine and don't need any new phones. He then offerred me to use the $150/phone credit -- this amounts to $450 (3*$150) to use towards my Sprint PCS account for renewing the contract. I agreed to renew for a 2-year plan based on the conditions stated above that day.

In mid Dec, 2008 my cell servicew was cut off, so I called sprint and found out that I only received $150 creadit to my account not the remaining $450 as was promised by the Sprint PCS rep back in August. The Sprint PCS customer personnel who answered the phone could not make decision and promised to escalated to the next level and have someone call me back within a week. Meanwhile the customer rep. tunred the cell service back on while this is being investigated. As the week went by and NO ONE from Sprint PCS called back.

On Dec. 22nd, my cell phone service was cut off again. I made another call to Sprint's customer service that day. After repeated explaining my story 3 times to 3 different Sprint customer reps, no one seemed able to resolve this issue nor can tell me waht's going on with my case. Due to Sprint can NOT fulfill its promised remaining $450 creadit towards my account, I asked the 3rd customer rep. to cancel my service and told her I'll pay back the already credited $150 from Sprint plus any outstanding charges. By this time, April, the Sprint cancellation customer rep (employee ID AN252117) informed me a $200 early cancellation fee on top of the $150 credit will charged to my account. I explained to her the reason I renewed for a new 2-yr contract was based on the $600 ($150+3*150) credit Sprint was offering to me back in August 2008. Since Sprint was not going to fulfilled its promise, I'll only pay back the $150 creadit plus any outstanding balance, but NOT the early cancellation fee. April insisted to transfer me to the cancellation escalation team, and told me to talk with Joe. Joe did not answer his phone, and I left my name and phone number and asked him to call me ASAP.

Today is Dec. 24th, 2 days later and 2 subsequent follow up calls to Sprint within the past two days, still no calls from Sprint. Made another call to Sprint to ask to talk to the cancellation team, the rep told me someone from that team will call in the next few minutes. That was nine hrs hours ago, NO ONE called... Phone service is still cut off...

Not hearing back from Sprint on the phone, I am desperate to get this issue resolved, I sent Sprint an email stating my issue, the automated response back is we will get back to you within 24 hrs (see below)... Just like they told me on 3 occassions they will get back to me in one week, 24hrs, a few minutes...

I have been with Sprint PCS from day one (many years ago). I am very disappointed with their false promises and its customer services. Everytime I called, it seemed each of the customer service personnel always trandferred me to some other departments... No one answered wanted to resolve any issue, or take the cancellation of my service...
    They promise to call you back and NEVER call back...

=======================================================

From:Sprint Customer Solutions
    [Add to Address Book]

To:Scott Chu
    Subject:Sprint has received your email (KMM57147707I15977L0KM)
    Date:Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:40:24 PM
    [View Source]
    THIS IS AN AUTO-ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.

Thank you for contacting Sprint Online. Customer E-Care has received
    your email and will respond to your request within 24 hours

The email ID for this interaction is (Re: Care #20081224141223 (Billing
    / Payment - Billing Inquiry/Invoice Charges) (KMM57147265I15977L0KM)),
    and will be located in the subject line of our response back to you.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

• Do
      29th of Aug, 2009

i as well worked for tele hell...and of course got fired for not following proper protical and not asking a customer that hung up if i had resolved her issue. telehell is the worse company every to work for. they have to keep 300 employees at all times and with the jobs so scarce even teletech is having a hard time keeping employees cuz they fire/or people quit so much that the door is always spinning.