[Resolved] Spk Spokeo / unauthorized credit card charges

United States Review updated:

I went on the spk spokeo site and it said I had to prove I was 18 and they asked me for my credit card information to prove that I was over the age of 18 to let me on there site so I gave them my credit card details and got on the site I was on the site for not even 5 miniutes becase I did not no how to use it as im not a computer exspert im just a beginner I only no the basic how to turn it on and get on the internet I went on my online banking account and noticed they had taken £23.72 out on the 04/05/2017 and £1.25 out on the 04/05/2017 as well I did not give them any authorization to take any money out of my bank account at all I want to claim a full refund of the money they took out of my bank account

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, May 15, 2017

Dear Spokeo Customer,

We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one. We would like to thank you for addressing your concerns, and are happy to assist in resolving this issue. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our subscriptions are set up to renew automatically so that those who use our services on a regular basis can do so without any interruption.

All information, including the type of subscription, exactly how much, and how often a person will be billed are clearly stated on our payment page. We also include this information in the disclaimer which has to be agreed to before the purchase is processed. In addition, the information is included in the confirmation receipt sent immediately after payment, as well as in our Terms of Use.

We also provide 24/7 support to our customers either by email, or by contacting our Customer Care department via phone at 888-271-9562. Our Customer Care Representatives are more than happy to assist any of our customers with any questions or concerns they might have regarding Spokeo.

Sincerely,
    Spokeo Customer Care

Re
May 14, 2017

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Mar, 2018

Today I received notification that SPOKEO is billing my credit card. I had to look up the service to see what it was. I then disputed the charge on my credit card. At the suggestion of Amex, I called Spokeo to let them know what was happening. They refused to help me unless I verified my credit card information which was billed. How stupid is that? I'm not giving the people who are abusing my credit card verification they got it right. In the process of filing a BBB complaint.