Spirit Airlines / terrible experience!

1 6076 smith bay virgin islandst thomas, United States Review updated:
Phone: 340-775-4957

I book a ticket on spirit airlines for my brother and his wife coming from olando to st thomas but had the wrong city they were in tampa, so i had to cancel the ticket and purchase another one that cost was $587 and was told, that they will credit my cc. They never did this! Was march of 2007, still waiting!

Comments

Da
  28th of Jan, 2008

I just had one of the worst travel experiences. So many problems, it is tough to put in an email. Flight from FLL to LGA, over 2 hours delay departure on the outbound and return. Arrogant flight attendant's service, treating passengers like idiots. Best closure for this trip: our stroller was delivered broken and Spirit said they could file a courtesy claim (whatever that means) but that they would not reimburse anything for the broken stroller.

Ra
  10th of Jun, 2008

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience flying with Spirit Airlines as well. I had a flight leaving LaGuardia on Thursday flying to Ft. Lauderdale. I did not have an assign seat coming back so I requested one since I was at the airport. Spirit Airlines can give you an assign seat online, but for some reason when the confirmation number was entered... it did not accept it. So, I was told by the little girl at Spirit (get this)my flight was non existent! Of course I am frustrated and annoyed since she kept accusing me there was no record of my reservation coming back from Ft. Lauderdale. Needless to say... she was not at all sympathetic or concerned about not having a return flight for me. After her and I going back and forth, she tells me the printout shows I purchased the ticket throught cheap tickets and to call them about it. She was a complete idiot! The printout shows the confirmation-which she couldn't locate in her system AND the bottom of the printout shows
www.spiritair.com. Hmmmm, looks like cheap tickets url...right?? Of course, I am asking her if she can read what the bottom says and she claims the word "Cheap Tickets" on the top of the printout is the correct url address of my purchased. I had no patience anymore, my flight was leaving in a half an hour out of LaGuardia and I had no return flight! I finally asked her to get a Supervisor because she was completely useless as far as I was concerned. This Supervisor, who looks about in his late 30's comes to where the little girl was standing. I explained to him the situation and he goes into the system to try to find my return flight home. He too, tells me there is no record of my flight reservation.He claims my credit card shouldn't have been charged. Then he tells me the ticket was purchased through Cheap tickets. I had no patience at this point. I am showing him A)the confirmation number of my return flight reservation and B)the bottom of the printout url's address was www.spiritair.com. The end result, I had to buy my return flight AGAIN because apparently the people they hire at Spirit Airlines in New York have an education level of 8th grade! The Supervisor and the little girl couldn't care less about my troubles and gave me my confirmation for my return flight. I ran for the gate since I had about 20 minutes to go through security and make the flight. I should have looked at the information the little girl wrote...but I didn't for obvious reasons (the little girl looks about 18 by the way).

My flight coming home story gets better. I get to the airport yesterday and check in. The woman tells me there's no record of my flight reservation in her system. By this point I was going to lose it and probably would have gotten kicked out of the airport(Anyone would feel the same if you were in my situation)I took out the confirmation number the little girl wrote for me(please note the Supervisor from Laguardia booked my flight, I showed him my boyfriend's flight information so we can be on the same flight coming home)and gave it to him. She tells me my flight was for today...by this point, I did not know how to react. She calls her Supervisor and were trying to help me get on my flight which was yesterday. Luckily for me, the 2 woman were pleasant and got me on standby. I made the flight and got home last night. I will NEVER fly with them again. All because they were less than Jet Blue by $15?? Not worth it. I rather pay more. I love flying Jet Blue. I called today to Spirit Airlines and filed my complaint with them. They claim they will credit my ticket from the initial purchased. I will have to see...

Ro
  21st of Jun, 2008

I have been trying for weeks to find out my credits in spirit airlines and cannot contact anyone. Please advise how I can go about getting this information.

Sh
  22nd of Jul, 2011

Spirit is the worst airlines ever to travel. They try to take your money anyway as possible. I called the airlines to purchase my tickets and they toll me that my 2 yrs. old son can be on my lap and that I did not have to purchase a ticket for him. I flew from LaGuardia airport to Fort Lauderdale with no problem but on my way back from my trip the lady at the counters said that my son is not 2 yrs. old, he is 2 1/2 and that I would have to purchase a ticket for him for $249. First of all who says that the kids age is 2 1/2??? When I was purchasing the ticket the lady on the phone said as long as your son is not 3 yrs. old yet he is fine. Of corse I flipped out, called the manager she took for ever to come out and when she finally did she took no exception or no understating as if money grows out of a three... It was their own employees mistake to tell me the wrong information over the phone and I had to pay for it.