Spirit Airlines / items stolen from checked luggage

1 468 Verbena StreetRoscoe, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815-623-2027

On April 27th, after returning home for a Spirit Airlines flight from Ft. Myers, FL, I discovered (2) Designer Purses were missing from my suitcase. I immediately called Spirit Airlines to report it but after 4 hours of holding I finally gave up. I then emailed them and from Monday-Thursday I constantly called them but no-one answers the phone. I finally got a returned call on Friday and was told I needed to fill out a "Pilfered Item form" which they said they would fax immediatly. I got that on Wednesday after repeated calls. I sent the completed form with all the required information via registered mail. It was noted in the form that anything over $50 must have a receipt, which I tried to dispute. The Coach purse was $158 and the Vera Bradley was $44. After a couple of weeks, I got a letter saying my claim was denied due to "no receipts". Of course I tried calling but ended up faxing a letter telling them the Vera Bradley purse was under the $50 requirement without a receipt and I would would like that reimbursement. This week I received a letter saying I was awarded $29.48 as the purse had depreciated (it was a month old) and the ironic part was ...THERE WAS NO CHECK ENCLOSED. So off went yet another fax in which I told them they had perfected how not to pay passengers for pilfered items . The letters I've received were not signed and they have no phone or fax numbers on them. I wait to see what happens next. Dated 6/20/08

Ir

Comments

• Pe
      1st of Jan, 2017

This airline is so shaddy. My perfumes were stolen right from my luggage.

• St
      11th of Dec, 2017

Two bottles of liquor stolen outbound. One inbound. No more spirit airlines.