Spirit Airlines / forced to pay twice for a return ticket!
This is the letter submitted to Spirit airlines once I was unable to obtain customer service attention by phone or in person at the airport.
Originally paid ticket:
Detroit-Ft Lauderdale NK363 08-30-07
Ft-Lauderdale-Detroit NK380 09-03-07
Unfortunately I booked the ticket wrong since I needed to flight on 08-31 and not 08-30, however my return date was correct. Arrived to Detroit airport on 08-31 and Spirit assistant make me aware of reservation error. Stated that I did not showed up at the airport on 08-30 and I had had lost my ticket including the returning flight. Was a planned vacation for a long time and under time pressure and flying with someone else the same day I was forced to purchase a new expensive roundtrip ticket at the airport counter at $349.79. (My first roundtrip ticket $219.80). I agree that was my error to book the wrong date for the first flight 08-30 but also recognize that I had to pay an unnecessary extra expensive return ticket for 09-03. I am cordially asking for a refund of my second return ticket that I was forced to purchase at the airport with the threat that my first return ticket was automatically canceled.
I have been using Spirt airlines for a long time and is the first time I have and incident like this. I believe Spirit assistant did not provide the right information at the time of purchasing the second ticket. I am willing to assume my fault for booking wrong the first flight but I do not feel is fair to paid twice for the return flight.
Thanks for the attention to this matter!
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - customer service
- Spirit Airlines - flight nk 528 29oct18 from fort lauderdale to newark depart 08:55pm
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge
- Spirit Airlines - no room at seat and extra cost for seat assignment
- Spirit Airlines - staff n flight missed