Spicejet / Missing luggage

1 India Review updated:

My wife traveled by the Spicejet flight SG 504 (PNR #UFKKEA) on 29.05.2008 from Bangalore to Delhi. On arrival at Delhi airport, much to our consternation, we found that one piece of luggage - a Black Strolley (brand name: Forecast) with contents worth Rs 18000/- was missing. After lodging a complaint (CR/19056/2008), we proceeded to our tourist destination which was the very next day. After returning to Delhi, we found out that we have been issued a cheque for a paltry (or should i say 'princely') sum of Rs 3000/- for the same! We have no clue regarding the luggage but we don't intend to take it lying down.

Vi

Comments

• De
      9th of Jun, 2008

Hi, (Conf#wdcpla, SG 109, 9TH JUNE)
    Reached at 8.30am at your counter in Gate #2.Flight sg109 for mumbai on 9th June08.During the security check-in i said its bad weather in mumbai can you book me for a later flight for Mubai.Ms Kavita said ok and aske d me to waitand agreed to help without any reference for any xtra's to be paid .As I was waiting for Ms Kavita to help after she finishes the mumbai q.Then Ms Prabjot came in and she was askng for any mumbai passengers.I told her that i;ll be taking the later flight today, as i had to be back on Wednesday and couldn;t take a chance of getting stuck in the monsoons. She said thats not possible and either way whether today or on 10th June i;ll have to pay Rs750 and price difference .I SAID I WAS ON TIME AND MS KAVITA IS THERE HELPING ME OUT& ASKED ME TO WAIT SO THAT SHE CAN CLEAR THE MUMBAI Q.Then she said whether later today and or tommorrow you;ll pay the cancellations and the price diff.That was ridiculous.I spoke to another lady in spicejet room behind the security checkin.She said its tooo late now and both for today and tomorrow you'll need to pay.Thats some cust-care. Itswas 10am that time.But that lady called me on my mobile after 15-20 mins as i got a call on my mobile, as i hadby mistake left my wallet on her table, WHICH WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.(MY CELL RECORDS PROVE THIS).I caught a CAB FOR GURGOAN AND REACHED HOME AND AFTER AN hOUR I SPOKE WITH MS pRIYANKA REG THIS AND SHE SAID BY Then I WAS A NOSHOW AND THEY CANNOT DO NOTHING BUT REFUND RS 225 AS DISCURTEOUS ALLOWANCE.NO SHOW ARE ENTITLED TO THAT.
    One thing is for sure even if i get a free ticket to SPICEJET i;ll prefer walking all the way than boarding this.Also a refund will be appreciated or we meet in the court.
    Choice is yours.