Specialized Loan Servicing / not very customer focused

I've had my secondary mortgage loan with SLS for about 1 1/2 years. This is the only bill I've actually had to write a check for and mail in, as the on-line payment feature costs 5.00 a payment to make, even if you are making a payment on time. Keep in mind, they are the ONLY company I deal with that charges a fee each time you pay on-line.

I recently mailed in a payment, and they cleared it for the wrong amount. Turns out they use lock box processing, and aren't very good at it. They offered to take an additional payment over the phone... they charge 5.00 for that as well.

Unfortunately, to refinance to another mortgage company, I would need to bring 10, 000 to closing, because of the housing crisis... so I'm stuck with them for now.

Va

Comments

• Jl
      14th of Jan, 2010

Shame on GMAC for selling out to this company what was once we had good credit SLS is giong to DESTROY it.

SLS has not sent me any statements since taking over my equity loan, they just hoping that if I miss a payment they can recall the loan in full with penalties.

This company should be shut down by the Federal Government and everyone should be tosss into a Maximum Security Prision where BIG BUBBA can have a field day!!!