SpaBerry / Hot tub

Calgary, AB, Canada Review updated:

We have a product that is being sold at the Medicine Hat Home show every year, and after getting it repaired last November, is now broken again due to their main board blowing, a $800 part. The same part I had to replace under a year ago, and the most expensive part as well. The product is a Spaberry hot tub sold out of Calgary. Purchased it in October of 2012 and have had nothing but issues with it since then.

My wife and I are at our wits end, once again left with an expensive product that is now a lump outside, unusable.

Re
Sep 7, 2015

Comments

• Re
      30th of Nov, 2015

My Spa Berry Experience
    If you want a tub that starts to malfunction within the first month ... buy a Spa Berry
    If you want a tub that malfunctions within the first 3 months... buy a Spa Berry
    If you want a tub that malfunctions within the first year ... buy a Spa Berry
    If you want a warranty where you are required to converse with a company that resides in another city 1000 miles away and they do not sell Spa Berry tubs … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to take pictures or videos of the malfunctioning equipment and poor workmanship … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to take the time to send those pictures and videos to some other company other than the Spa Berry company you bought the tub from, for warranty claims … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to take the time, to forward the pictures and videos of the defective equipment, only to have Spa Berry say it is not covered by the Spa Berry limited warranty, when the warranty on your tub has not expired … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to work on failed equipment in the middle of winter … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to constantly try to contact the president of VisionWerx and only get a reply when that person so choses … Buy a Spa Berry
    If you would like to resolve any issues or concerns you have with your tub with the president of VisionWerx, only to have those issues and concerns thrown back in your face … buy a Spa Berry
    If you like to feel intimidated and be given misleading information … buy a Spa Berry

Before you spend your hard earned dollars, and you are thinking about buying a Spa Berry, please do your home work

• Ad
      22nd of Dec, 2018

@Reviewer 101 I have a feeling that some models are built better than others or that every one from the same model are built different and not consistent. I have had mine for 2 years that runs 6 months out of the year and I havent had any issues with it... (YET) **knock on wood**
    Sounds like if I do have an issue I will just have to try and fix it myself.

• Mo
      30th of Aug, 2016

I purchased a brand new Spaberry at the OC Fair. 2 weeks for delivery. Less than 1hr to stop working. It never reached a warm temp and I never got in the hot tub. It clearly has some electrical problems. I want them to come get it. Thinking about suing.

• 09
      13th of Sep, 2016

Here is a facebook group with many owners that are having issues

21st of Nov, 2016

We are waiting for out Spaberry tub to arrive this week. I have just found this complaint section on the computer. I am wondering if I should cancel my order? From what I have read this is not a good product or company. It did take 4 e-mails and the threat to cancel our order to get a response back regarding an ETA for our tub.
    Natalie in Kelowna BC

12th of Dec, 2016

@Natalie52 We are in kelowna as well. Thinking about getting one . Did u get yours and how did it work out for you?

• Ad
      22nd of Dec, 2018

@Natejensen My wife and I bought ours in 2016 Summer from the Orchard Mall in Kelowna. In the middle where the kiosks all are.
    We have not had any issues with ours and we run it about 6 months out of the year. I hear a lot of people are having a horrible time with theirs but I have a feeling it has something to do with make and model. I also think that the ones from the same model could be inconsistently manufactured and that some Are made by lazy people who dont put in the effort to build them well.
    All I know now is that I really hope mine doesnt have any issues for a long long time. Im currently filling it up right now in my garage. Im in West Kelowna and the temp in my garage isnt freezing so I hope it works just fine. From my experience using it, I know that when the jets are on high. The heater shuts off. 15 minutes is the max for the jets on high, but... if you convert your power source to 220v instead of 110v the heater will work while the jets are on high.
    Anyways let me know how your experience is so far with yours.

13th of Dec, 2016

We did get ours and we are loving it. It is not an easy item to get set up, at least not for us. It took my husband & 2 sons 1 1/2 hrs to get it from our driveway through the house and onto the deck. Very awkward to move.
    Aside from that our only issue is my husband and I are both approx 200lbs and I feel this tub was made for smaller people. We fit fine but we lose alot of water and need to add some to cover the jets when we are done. We had asked about this prior to purchase but were advised it would be perfectly fine.
    If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask

• Ga
      30th of Mar, 2017

@Natalie52 Natalie, we bought our SpaBerry in 2012. It has been far the best health equipment we have every purchased because we use it all the time. It is a heavy two person hottub and it took a while to maneuver it around to the deck. I have since replaced the speakers (waste of time really), pump and heater and now the lower control has gone (it won't heat up past 95*). I have never had a hard time replacing the parts myself and will replace the lower control and will continue to use it. SpaBerry people have been quite helpful with advice and getting me the parts I need. I have no complaints about the service.
    We found that we have to keep the water level down to the middle to top of the upper jets so that it won't spill over.
    All-in-all, this is the cost of owning a hot tub. Oh, I will have to replace the top cover as well at some point as it has broken in the middle and bows slightly in the middle.. Gavin

• 2b
      25th of Aug, 2017

@Natalie52 We have finally received our 6.0 after 8weeks of waiting. Had to make threatening phone calls of cancelling before they finally responded. It is much heavier that we thought, and with the added water and my husband and I (who are both 200lbs+), we had to build a base for it that could sustain all that weight. We finally sat in it this morning and the water was going over the sides. EXACTLY the issue you described! And at the home show...they assured us that there would be no problem with our size and enjoying the tub together. Now we have to take turns...so dissappointed:(

14th of Mar, 2017

We bought a spa berry 5 2 person tub. Haven't had it quite a month. Last night it stopped heating and reads ECN. Not happy. Hard to find any info on trouble shooting. Doesn't stay hot enough to sit in more than 10-15mins. in the cold. Not to happy with it!

• Ga
      30th of Mar, 2017

@Maria Root Maria contact SpaBerry and they can assist you, as they did me, with programming the computer. The economy mode is not hot.

• We
      21st of Oct, 2017

@Maria Root We had that issue as well with it not getting hot enough, we got our electrician to wire it to 208/240 power instead, it's awesome now!
    The electrician said it was not hard because the tub couldn't mes with the option for 208/240 but most people don't know about that.
    We can stay in for hours not even on cold days and only lose a degree or so.

• We
      5th of Nov, 2017

@Gavinkm How do you contact SpaBerry...we have no contact information. WEndy

• Va
      11th of Sep, 2017

Hi Had my Spaberry for a couple of years now & it's been great but the Customer Service guy in Alberta is an absolute [censored]! Ordered products from their webpage & did not receive what was in the picture, far inferior piece of crap & they will not refund! Tried talking to him but told me basically he makes all the decisions and he's not refunding! Total [censored] & totally disillusioned with SpaBerry now.

• 19
      25th of May, 2018

Horrible Horrible company! would not recommend to anyone to deal with this company.

It's not about the issues I had with the spaberry it's more due to the poor poor service, They do not care at all about customer service and making the customer happy!

they charge you for everything even when I had my warranty still they found a way to charge me and when they connected me to this other company to get it fixed gave them the wrong part and when we found that out they were not willing to help at all or take any kind of responsibility! I had to pay someone else to come fix it again!

It's too bad as I sent many of my friends to buy spaberry's in the beginning but as soon as I noticed how they treat their customers I stopped doing that.

And I can see i'm not the only one that had a bad experience.

very poorly managed!

• La
      7th of Sep, 2018

8 negative comments and this company has been around since 2006, is really not that bad. Considering the thousands that have been sold, its actually a 99.9% win. I looked on all the other hot tub companies and found every single company had many complaints, regarding quality and service. I find Instagram a more reliable place to google hot tubs. It shows users over the years enjoying their tubs, rather than a small group of "knockers"
    Companies are capable of "buying" good reviews, and competition is notorious for "bashing" other companies, pretending to be unhappy customers. As Abraham Lincoln once said "Don't believe anything you read on the Internet"

• Be
      5th of Feb, 2019

We are very disappointed and disgruntled before we even get our tub. We paid for the tub in full on November 22nd, 2018 with the understanding that it would be delivered mid January. I contacted them mid January and was sent an email saying it would be shipped by the end of the month. The end of January came and went I left messages wondering when the tub would be shipped. We received no contact from the man in charge until I demanded my money back and then were told that it is against company policy to give refunds. Finally today after repeated calls and messages, we received a phone call back and were told that they cant get the parts required to ship our spa for at least another 2 weeks and then it would not be ready to ship for another 2 weeks after that. Meanwhile they are sitting on our money. They have offered us a $250. credit but how can you ever redeem the credit if you cannot get in contact with them. We were wondering if everyone that bought a spa the Canadian Western Agribition in Regina are being treated this way. By the time we get this spa it may be summer and we have lost 3 months warranty as the warranty states it is from the date of sale. We were told by the salesman that it 100% Canadian and the letter that I received states that they are waiting for the parts to come in from the United states. Isn't that a great way to treat customers.
    They have partnered with Lake Placid developments apparently dumping us single customers who have no value to them. We would not recommend this company to anyone after conversation with them today. This company is very unprofessional and what company would not refund something that they cannot deliver in a timely manner and we no longer want.
    Bev and Ken Klemenz

• Er
      25th of Mar, 2019

@Beverly Klemenz Interesting, the Owner's Manual we received via email from SpaBerry contains the warranty and states that the Warranty starts on the original delivery date. We purchased one in January and is being delivered tomorrow. We didn't want it until around now so it is on schedule for us.